A hybrid simulation optimization method for production planning of dedicated remanufacturing
This paper presents a hybrid cell evaluated genetic algorithm (CEGA) for optimization of the dedicated remanufacturing system with simulation. The paper first summarizes the special characteristics and problems of the dedicated remanufacturing. The paper then proposes a simulation model with a prioritized stochastic batch arrival mechanism, considering factors that affect the total profit. Based on the simulation model, the CEGA algorithm is developed to optimize the production planning and control policies for dedicated remanufacturing. A case study is provided based on the remanufacturing facility located at Austin, USA
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van der Laan, Erwin & Dekker, Rommert & Salomon, Marc, 1996. "Product remanufacturing and disposal: A numerical comparison of alternative control strategies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-3), pages 489-498, August.
- Mula, J. & Poler, R. & Garcia-Sabater, J.P. & Lario, F.C., 2006. "Models for production planning under uncertainty: A review," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 271-285, September.
- Mahadevan, B. & Pyke, David F. & Fleischmann, Moritz, 2003.
"Periodic review, push inventory policies for remanufacturing,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 536-551, December.
- Mahadevan, B. & Pyke, D.F. & Fleischmann, M., 2002. "Periodic Review, Push Inventory Policies for Remanufacturing," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-35-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Zikopoulos, Christos & Tagaras, George, 2007. "Impact of uncertainty in the quality of returns on the profitability of a single-period refurbishing operation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 205-225, October.
- Inderfurth, Karl & van der Laan, Erwin, 2001. "Leadtime effects and policy improvement for stochastic inventory control with remanufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 381-390, May.
- Alberto, I. & Azcarate, C. & Mallor, F. & Mateo, P. M., 2002. "Optimization with simulation and multiobjective analysis in industrial decision-making: A case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 373-383, July.
- Inderfurth, K. & de Kok, A. G. & Flapper, S. D. P., 2001. "Product recovery in stochastic remanufacturing systems with multiple reuse options," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 130-152, August.
- Guide, V. Daniel R. & Kraus, Mark E. & Srivastava, Rajesh, 1997. "Scheduling policies for remanufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 187-204, January.
- Salema, Maria Isabel Gomes & Barbosa-Povoa, Ana Paula & Novais, Augusto Q., 2007. "An optimization model for the design of a capacitated multi-product reverse logistics network with uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 1063-1077, June.
- Ayres, Robert & Ferrer, Geraldo & Van Leynseele, Tania, 1997. "Eco-efficiency, asset recovery and remanufacturing," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 557-574, October.
- Minner, Stefan, 2001. "Strategic safety stocks in reverse logistics supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 417-428, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:117:y:2009:i:2:p:286-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.