A hybrid simulation optimization method for production planning of dedicated remanufacturing
This paper presents a hybrid cell evaluated genetic algorithm (CEGA) for optimization of the dedicated remanufacturing system with simulation. The paper first summarizes the special characteristics and problems of the dedicated remanufacturing. The paper then proposes a simulation model with a prioritized stochastic batch arrival mechanism, considering factors that affect the total profit. Based on the simulation model, the CEGA algorithm is developed to optimize the production planning and control policies for dedicated remanufacturing. A case study is provided based on the remanufacturing facility located at Austin, USA
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mula, J. & Poler, R. & Garcia-Sabater, J.P. & Lario, F.C., 2006. "Models for production planning under uncertainty: A review," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 271-285, September.
- Guide, V. Daniel R. & Kraus, Mark E. & Srivastava, Rajesh, 1997. "Scheduling policies for remanufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 187-204, January.
- Ayres, Robert & Ferrer, Geraldo & Van Leynseele, Tania, 1997. "Eco-efficiency, asset recovery and remanufacturing," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 557-574, October.
- Inderfurth, Karl & van der Laan, Erwin, 2001. "Leadtime effects and policy improvement for stochastic inventory control with remanufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 381-390, May.
- Mahadevan, B. & Pyke, D.F. & Fleischmann, M., 2002.
"Periodic Review, Push Inventory Policies for Remanufacturing,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2002-35-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Mahadevan, B. & Pyke, David F. & Fleischmann, Moritz, 2003. "Periodic review, push inventory policies for remanufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 536-551, December.
- Minner, Stefan, 2001. "Strategic safety stocks in reverse logistics supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 417-428, May.
- van der Laan, Erwin & Dekker, Rommert & Salomon, Marc, 1996. "Product remanufacturing and disposal: A numerical comparison of alternative control strategies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-3), pages 489-498, August.
- Salema, Maria Isabel Gomes & Barbosa-Povoa, Ana Paula & Novais, Augusto Q., 2007. "An optimization model for the design of a capacitated multi-product reverse logistics network with uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 1063-1077, June.
- Inderfurth, K. & de Kok, A. G. & Flapper, S. D. P., 2001. "Product recovery in stochastic remanufacturing systems with multiple reuse options," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 130-152, August.
- Alberto, I. & Azcarate, C. & Mallor, F. & Mateo, P. M., 2002. "Optimization with simulation and multiobjective analysis in industrial decision-making: A case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 373-383, July.
- Zikopoulos, Christos & Tagaras, George, 2007. "Impact of uncertainty in the quality of returns on the profitability of a single-period refurbishing operation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 205-225, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:117:y:2009:i:2:p:286-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.