The design of sustainable logistics network under uncertainty
The design of sustainable logistics network has attracted growing attention with the stringent pressures from environmental and social requirements. This paper proposes a stochastic programming based approach to account for the design of sustainable logistics network under uncertainty. A solution approach integrating the sample average approximation scheme with an importance sampling strategy is developed. A case study involving a large-scale sustainable logistics network in Asia Pacific region is presented to demonstrate the significance of the developed stochastic model and the efficiency of the proposed solution approach.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Santoso, Tjendera & Ahmed, Shabbir & Goetschalckx, Marc & Shapiro, Alexander, 2005. "A stochastic programming approach for supply chain network design under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 167(1), pages 96-115, November.
- Spengler, Th. & Puchert, H. & Penkuhn, T. & Rentz, O., 1997. "Environmental integrated production and recycling management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 308-326, March.
- Li, Jianzhi & González, Miguel & Zhu, Yun, 2009. "A hybrid simulation optimization method for production planning of dedicated remanufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 286-301, February.
- V.I. Norkin & G.C. Pflug & A. Ruszczynski, 1996. "A Branch and Bound Method for Stochastic Global Optimization," Working Papers wp96065, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Listes, Ovidiu & Dekker, Rommert, 2005. "A stochastic approach to a case study for product recovery network design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 268-287, January.
- Charles J. Corbett & Robert D. Klassen, 2006. "Extending the Horizons: Environmental Excellence as Key to Improving Operations," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(1), pages 5-22, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:128:y:2010:i:1:p:159-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.