A characterisation of logistics networks for product recovery
Recovery of used products is receiving much attention recently due to growing environmental concern. Efficient implementation requires appropriate logistics structures to be set up for the arising goods flow from users to producers. We investigate the design of such logistics networks. As a basis for our analysis we review recent case studies on logistics network design for product recovery in different industries. We identify general characteristics of product recovery networks and compare them with traditional logistics structures. Moreover, we derive a classification scheme for different types of recovery networks.
Volume (Year): 28 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fleischmann, Moritz & Bloemhof-Ruwaard, Jacqueline M. & Dekker, Rommert & van der Laan, Erwin & van Nunen, Jo A. E. E. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1997. "Quantitative models for reverse logistics: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 1-17, November.
- Tony J. Van Roy & Donald Erlenkotter, 1982. "A Dual-Based Procedure for Dynamic Facility Location," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(10), pages 1091-1105, October.
- Barros, A. I. & Dekker, R. & Scholten, V., 1998. "A two-level network for recycling sand: A case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 199-214, October.
- Marin, Alfredo & Pelegrin, Blas, 1998. "The return plant location problem: Modelling and resolution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 375-392, January.
- Spengler, Th. & Puchert, H. & Penkuhn, T. & Rentz, O., 1997. "Environmental integrated production and recycling management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 308-326, March.
- Tcha, Dong-wan & Lee, Bum-il, 1984. "A branch-and-bound algorithm for the multi-level uncapacitated facility location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 35-43, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:28:y:2000:i:6:p:653-666. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.