A characterisation of logistics networks for product recovery
Recovery of used products is receiving much attention recently due to growing environmental concern. Efficient implementation requires appropriate logistics structures to be set up for the arising goods flow from users to producers. We investigate the design of such logistics networks. As a basis for our analysis we review recent case studies on logistics network design for product recovery in different industries. We identify general characteristics of product recovery networks and compare them with traditional logistics structures. Moreover, we derive a classification scheme for different types of recovery networks.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 28 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fleischmann, Moritz & Bloemhof-Ruwaard, Jacqueline M. & Dekker, Rommert & van der Laan, Erwin & van Nunen, Jo A. E. E. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1997. "Quantitative models for reverse logistics: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 1-17, November.
- Tcha, Dong-wan & Lee, Bum-il, 1984. "A branch-and-bound algorithm for the multi-level uncapacitated facility location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 35-43, October.
- Tony J. Van Roy & Donald Erlenkotter, 1982. "A Dual-Based Procedure for Dynamic Facility Location," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(10), pages 1091-1105, October.
- Marin, Alfredo & Pelegrin, Blas, 1998. "The return plant location problem: Modelling and resolution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 375-392, January.
- Barros, A. I. & Dekker, R. & Scholten, V., 1998. "A two-level network for recycling sand: A case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 199-214, October.
- Spengler, Th. & Puchert, H. & Penkuhn, T. & Rentz, O., 1997. "Environmental integrated production and recycling management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 308-326, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:28:y:2000:i:6:p:653-666. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.