Network features of sector indexes spillover effects in China: A multi-scale view
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Majdoub, Jihed & Mansour, Walid, 2014. "Islamic equity market integration and volatility spillover between emerging and US stock markets," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 452-470.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 122-150, February.
- Nazlioglu, Saban & Soytas, Ugur & Gupta, Rangan, 2015. "Oil prices and financial stress: A volatility spillover analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 278-288.
- Huang, Shupei & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Huang, Xuan, 2015. "Identifying the multiscale impacts of crude oil price shocks on the stock market in China at the sector level," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 434(C), pages 13-24.
- Zhu, Huiming & Guo, Yawei & You, Wanhai & Xu, Yaqin, 2016. "The heterogeneity dependence between crude oil price changes and industry stock market returns in China: Evidence from a quantile regression approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 30-41.
- Karali, Berna & Ramirez, Octavio A., 2014.
"Macro determinants of volatility and volatility spillover in energy markets,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 413-421.
- Singh, Aaron & Karali, Berna & Ramirez, Octavio A., 2011. "High Price Volatility And Spillover Effects In Energy Markets," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103593, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Li, Huajiao & An, Haizhong & Liu, Xueyong & Gao, Xiangyun & Fang, Wei & An, Feng, 2016. "Price fluctuation in the energy stock market based on fluctuation and co-fluctuation matrix transmission networks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 117(P1), pages 73-83.
- Pin-te Lin, 2013. "Examining volatility spillover in Asian REIT markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(22), pages 1701-1705, November.
- Reboredo, Juan C., 2014. "Volatility spillovers between the oil market and the European Union carbon emission market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 229-234.
- Huang, Xuan & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Hao, Xiaoqing & Liu, Pengpeng, 2015. "Multiresolution transmission of the correlation modes between bivariate time series based on complex network theory," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 428(C), pages 493-506.
- Jammazi, Rania & Reboredo, Juan C., 2016. "Dependence and risk management in oil and stock markets. A wavelet-copula analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 866-888.
- Baruník, Jozef & Kočenda, Evžen & Vácha, Lukáš, 2016.
"Gold, oil, and stocks: Dynamic correlations,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 186-201.
- Jozef Barunik & Evzen Kocenda & Lukas Vacha, 2013. "Gold, Oil, and Stocks," Papers 1308.0210, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Baruník, Jozef & Kočenda, Evžen & Vácha, Lukáš, 2014. "Gold, Oil, and Stocks," FinMaP-Working Papers 14, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- Jozef Baruník & Evžen Kocenda & Lukáš Vácha, 2015. "Gold, Oil, and Stocks: Dynamic Correlations," CESifo Working Paper Series 5333, CESifo.
- Giuseppe Buccheri & Stefano Marmi & Rosario N. Mantegna, 2013. "Evolution of correlation structure of industrial indices of US equity markets," Papers 1306.4769, arXiv.org.
- Chester Curme & H. Eugene Stanley & Irena Vodenska, 2015. "Coupled Network Approach To Predictability Of Financial Market Returns And News Sentiments," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(07), pages 1-26, November.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Oros, Cornel & Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2014.
"Revisiting the inflation–output gap relationship for France using a wavelet transform approach,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 464-475.
- Claudiu Albulescu & Cornel Oros & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2014. "Revisiting the inflation - output gap relationship for France using a wavelet transform approach," Post-Print hal-00954189, HAL.
- Garcia, René & Tsafack, Georges, 2011.
"Dependence structure and extreme comovements in international equity and bond markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1954-1970, August.
- René Garcia & Georges Tsafack, 2009. "Dependence Structure and Extreme Comovements in International Equity and Bond Markets," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-21, CIRANO.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Cheong, Chongcheul & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2011. "Structural changes and volatility transmission in crude oil markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4317-4324.
- Mai, Yong & Chen, Huan & Meng, Lei, 2014. "An analysis of the sectorial influence of CSI300 stocks within the directed network," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 396(C), pages 235-241.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Hassan, Syed Aun & Malik, Farooq, 2007. "Multivariate GARCH modeling of sector volatility transmission," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 470-480, July.
- Yanan Li & David E. Giles, 2015.
"Modelling Volatility Spillover Effects Between Developed Stock Markets and Asian Emerging Stock Markets,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 155-177, March.
- David E. Giles & Yanan Li, 2013. "Modelling Volatility Spillover Effects Between Developed Stock Markets and Asian Emerging Stock Markets," Econometrics Working Papers 1301, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Serra, Thiago R. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2010. "Topological properties of stock market networks: The case of Brazil," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(16), pages 3240-3249.
- Liu, Xueyong & An, Haizhong & Li, Huajiao & Chen, Zhihua & Feng, Sida & Wen, Shaobo, 2017. "Features of spillover networks in international financial markets: Evidence from the G20 countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 479(C), pages 265-278.
- Liu, Xueyong & An, Haizhong & Huang, Shupei & Wen, Shaobo, 2017. "The evolution of spillover effects between oil and stock markets across multi-scales using a wavelet-based GARCH–BEKK model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 465(C), pages 374-383.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Masih, Rumi & Masih, A. Mansur M., 2016. "Contagion and interdependence across Asia-Pacific equity markets: An analysis based on multi-horizon discrete and continuous wavelet transformations," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 363-377.
- Khalfaoui, R. & Boutahar, M. & Boubaker, H., 2015. "Analyzing volatility spillovers and hedging between oil and stock markets: Evidence from wavelet analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 540-549.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Matesanz, David & Seijas, Maria Nela, 2016. "Network analysis of returns and volume trading in stock markets: The Euro Stoxx case," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 444(C), pages 751-764.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yin, Kedong & Liu, Zhe & Jin, Xue, 2020. "Interindustry volatility spillover effects in China’s stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 539(C).
- Fu Qiao & Yan Yan, 2020. "How does stock market reflect the change in economic demand? A study on the industry-specific volatility spillover networks of China's stock market during the outbreak of COVID-19," Papers 2007.07487, arXiv.org.
- Wu, Fei & Zhang, Dayong & Zhang, Zhiwei, 2019. "Connectedness and risk spillovers in China’s stock market: A sectoral analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 43(3).
- Wang, Ze & Gao, Xiangyun & An, Haizhong & Tang, Renwu & Sun, Qingru, 2020. "Identifying influential energy stocks based on spillover network," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Zhang, Weiping & Zhuang, Xintian & Wu, Dongmei, 2020. "Spatial connectedness of volatility spillovers in G20 stock markets: Based on block models analysis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(C).
- Liu, Xueyong & Jiang, Cheng, 2020. "The dynamic volatility transmission in the multiscale spillover network of the international stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 560(C).
- An, Pengli & Li, Huajiao & Zhou, Jinsheng & Li, Yang & Sun, Bowen & Guo, Sui & Qi, Yajie, 2020. "Volatility spillover of energy stocks in different periods and clusters based on structural break recognition and network method," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 191(C).
- An, Sufang & Gao, Xiangyun & An, Haizhong & An, Feng & Sun, Qingru & Liu, Siyao, 2020. "Windowed volatility spillover effects among crude oil prices," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 200(C).
- Zhang, Weiping & Zhuang, Xintian & Lu, Yang & Wang, Jian, 2020. "Spatial linkage of volatility spillovers and its explanation across G20 stock markets: A network framework," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
More about this item
KeywordsTime scale; Volatility spillover; Complex network; Economic sector;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:496:y:2018:i:c:p:461-473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.