Testing for relationships between Shanghai and Shenzhen stock markets: A threshold cointegration perspective
We investigate the relationships between Shanghai and Shenzhen stock market, and reveal the evidence of cross-correlations between the two stock markets. Our main findings show that Shanghai and Shenzhen stock market are cointegrated, and also present the evidence of strong error-correction effect in the short-rate equation, whereas the point estimate for the error-correction term is small and not statistical significance in the long-rate equation. Finally, Shanghai stock market ECT coefficient shows the evidence of long-term equilibrium in the first regime, while in the second regime the coefficient of correction term is larger than that of the first regime, indicating the rate convergence to long-term equilibrium is not uniform.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 392 (2013)
Issue (Month): 18 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Soren, 1992.
"Testing weak exogeneity and the order of cointegration in UK money demand data,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 313-334, June.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "Testing Weak Exogeneity and the Order of Cointegration in UK Money Demand Data," Papers 78, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Lin, Xiaoqiang & Fei, Fangyu, 2013. "Long memory revisit in Chinese stock markets: Based on GARCH-class models and multiscale analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 265-275.
- M. McAleer & J. M. Sequeira, 2004. "Efficient estimation and testing of oil futures contracts in a mutual offset system," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(13), pages 953-962.
- Enders, Walter & Falk, Barry, 1998.
"Threshold-autoregressive, median-unbiased, and cointegration tests of purchasing power parity,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 171-186, June.
- Falk, Barry L. & Enders, Walter, 1998. "Threshold-Autoregressive, Median-Unbiased, and Cointegration Tests of Purchasing Power Parity," Staff General Research Papers 1221, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- M. Pasquini & M. Serva, 2000. "Clustering of volatility as a multiscale phenomenon," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 195-201, July.
- Peri, Massimo & Baldi, Lucia, 2010. "Vegetable oil market and biofuel policy: An asymmetric cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 687-693, May.
- Wei-Xing Zhou, 2009. "The components of empirical multifractality in financial returns," Papers 0908.1089, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2009.
- Serletis, Apostolos, 1997.
"Is there an East-West split in North-American natural gas markets?,"
1746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Apostolos Serletis, 1997. "Is There an East-West Split in North American Natural Gas Markets?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 47-62.
- Christopher F. Baum & Meral Karasulu, 1996.
"Modelling Federal Reserve Discount Policy,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
335., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nathan S. Balke & Mark E. Wohar, 1997.
"Nonlinear dynamics and covered interest rate parity,"
9701, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Mark E. Wohar & Nathan S. Balke, 1998. "Nonlinear dynamics and covered interest rate parity," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 535-559.
- Lim, Kian-Ping & Brooks, Robert D. & Kim, Jae H., 2008. "Financial crisis and stock market efficiency: Empirical evidence from Asian countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 571-591, June.
- Lin, Xiaoqiang & Fei, Fangyu & Wang, Yudong, 2011. "Analysis of the efficiency of the Shanghai stock market: A volatility perspective," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3486-3495.
- Lim, Kian-Ping, 2007. "Ranking market efficiency for stock markets: A nonlinear perspective," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 376(C), pages 445-454.
- Maslyuk, Svetlana & Smyth, Russell, 2009. "Cointegration between oil spot and future prices of the same and different grades in the presence of structural change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1687-1693, May.
- Hansen, Bruce E. & Seo, Byeongseon, 2002.
"Testing for two-regime threshold cointegration in vector error-correction models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 293-318, October.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Hansen/Seo paper on threshold cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTZ00092, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2007. "Long-range dependence and multifractality in the term structure of LIBOR interest rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 373(C), pages 603-614.
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng & Pan, Zhiyuan, 2011. "Multifractal detrending moving average analysis on the US Dollar exchange rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3512-3523.
- Kantelhardt, Jan W. & Zschiegner, Stephan A. & Koscielny-Bunde, Eva & Havlin, Shlomo & Bunde, Armin & Stanley, H.Eugene, 2002. "Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis of nonstationary time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 316(1), pages 87-114.
- B. Podobnik & I. Grosse & D. Horvatić & S. Ilic & P. Ch. Ivanov & H. E. Stanley, 2009. "Quantifying cross-correlations using local and global detrending approaches," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 243-250, September.
- Tóth, Bence & Kertész, János, 2006. "Increasing market efficiency: Evolution of cross-correlations of stock returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 360(2), pages 505-515.
- Laurent Calvet & Adlai Fisher, 2002. "Multifractality In Asset Returns: Theory And Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 381-406, August.
- Galluccio, S. & Caldarelli, G. & Marsili, M. & Zhang, Y.-C., 1997. "Scaling in currency exchange," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 245(3), pages 423-436.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Duan Wang & Boris Podobnik & Davor Horvati\'c & H. Eugene Stanley, 2011. "Quantifying and Modeling Long-Range Cross-Correlations in Multiple Time Series with Applications to World Stock Indices," Papers 1102.2240, arXiv.org.
- Wang, Yudong & Wei, Yu & Wu, Chongfeng, 2010. "Cross-correlations between Chinese A-share and B-share markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(23), pages 5468-5478.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2005. "Testing for time-varying long-range dependence in volatility for emerging markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 346(3), pages 577-588.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Herbert, John, 1999. "The message in North American energy prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 471-483, October.
- Jiang, J. & Ma, K. & Cai, X., 2007. "Non-linear characteristics and long-range correlations in Asian stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 378(2), pages 399-407.
- Sergio Arianos & Anna Carbone, 2008. "Cross-correlation of long-range correlated series," Papers 0804.2064, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2009.
- Lo, Ming Chien & Zivot, Eric, 2001. "Threshold Cointegration And Nonlinear Adjustment To The Law Of One Price," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 533-576, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:392:y:2013:i:18:p:4064-4074. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.