Ranking market efficiency for stock markets: A nonlinear perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2004. "Evidence of long range dependence in Asian equity markets: the role of liquidity and market restrictions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 342(3), pages 656-664.
- Samir Saadi & Devinder Gandhi & Khaled Elmawazini, 2006. "On the validity of conventional statistical tests given evidence of non-synchronous trading and non-linear dynamics in returns generating process," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 301-305.
- Johnson, Neil F. & Jefferies, Paul & Hui, Pak Ming, 2003. "Financial Market Complexity," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198526650, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jebabli, Ikram & Roubaud, David, 2018.
"Time-varying efficiency in food and energy markets: Evidence and implications,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 97-114.
- Ikram Jebabli & David Roubaud, 2018. "Time-varying efficiency in food and energy markets: Evidence and implications," Post-Print hal-02330557, HAL.
- Abounoori, Esmaiel & Shahrazi, Mahdi & Rasekhi, Saeed, 2012. "An investigation of Forex market efficiency based on detrended fluctuation analysis: A case study for Iran," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(11), pages 3170-3179.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascareñas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Â¿Han sido los mercados bursátiles eficientes informacionalmente?," Apuntes del Cenes, Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia, June.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascare?nas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Comprobación de la eficiencia débil en los principales mercados financieros latinoamericanos," Estudios Gerenciales, Universidad Icesi, November.
- Bariviera, Aurelio Fernández, 2011. "The influence of liquidity on informational efficiency: The case of the Thai Stock Market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4426-4432.
- Leopoldo S'anchez-Cant'u & Carlos Arturo Soto-Campos & Andriy Kryvko, 2016. "Evidence of Self-Organization in Time Series of Capital Markets," Papers 1604.03996, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2017.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2005.
"On the static efficiency of secondary bond markets,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 117-135, April.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2002. "On the Static Efficiency of Secondary Bond Markets," Working Paper Series 2001/7, Lund University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2004. "On the Static Efficiency of Secondary Bond Markets," Working Paper Series 623, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Xianfeng Jiang & Yongdong Shi, 2006. "The Impact of Insider Trading on the Secondary Market with Order-Driven System," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(1), pages 129-143, May.
- Thomas Delcey, 2019. "Samuelson vs Fama on the Efficient Market Hypothesis: The Point of View of Expertise [Samuelson vs Fama sur l’efficience informationnelle des marchés financiers : le point de vue de l’expertise]," Post-Print hal-01618347, HAL.
- Yok-Yong Lee & M. H. Yahya & A. M. Bany-Ariffin & S. Aslam, 2018. "Leverage Effect and Switching of Market Efficiency Post Goods and Services Tax (GST) Imposition," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(3), pages 162-178, March.
- Tetsushi Homma & Yoshiro Tsutsui & Uri Benzion, 2005. "Exchange rate and stock prices in Japan," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7), pages 469-478.
- Bernd Hayo & Ummad Mazhar, 2014.
"Monetary Policy Committee Transparency: Measurement, Determinants, and Economic Effects,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 739-770, September.
- Bernd Hayo & Ummad Mazhar, 2011. "Monetary Policy Committee Transparency: Measurement,Determinants, and Economic Effects," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201140, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Alexander S. Sangare, 2005. "Efficience des marchés : un siècle après Bachelier," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(4), pages 107-132.
- Chen, Yong & Kelly, Bryan & Wu, Wei, 2020. "Sophisticated investors and market efficiency: Evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 316-341.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Ranadeva Jayasekera, 2015. "Level of efficiency in the UK equity market: empirical study of the effects of the global financial crisis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 213-242, February.
- Paugam, Luc, 2011. "Valorisation et reporting du goodwill : enjeux théoriques et empiriques," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/8007 edited by Casta, Jean-François, August.
- Monira Essa Aloud, 2016. "Time Series Analysis Indicators under Directional Changes: The Case of Saudi Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 55-64.
- Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Makarov, Igor, 2004.
"An econometric model of serial correlation and illiquidity in hedge fund returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 529-609, December.
- Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Igor Makarov, 2003. "An Econometric Model of Serial Correlation and Illiquidity in Hedge Fund Returns," NBER Working Papers 9571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew & Makarov, Igor, 2003. "An Econometric Model of Serial Correlation and Illiquidity In Hedge Fund Returns," Working papers 4288-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Lawrence Choo & Todd R. Kaplan & Ro’i Zultan, 2019.
"Information aggregation in Arrow–Debreu markets: an experiment,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 22(3), pages 625-652, September.
- Ro’i Zultan & Todd R. Kaplan & Lawrence Choo, 2018. "Information Aggregation in Arrow-Debreu Markets: An Experiment," Working Papers 1807, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Corgnet, Brice & DeSantis, Mark & Porter, David, 2020.
"The distribution of information and the price efficiency of markets,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 110(C).
- Brice Corgnet & Mark DeSantis & David Porter, 2018. "The Distribution of Information and the Price Efficiency of Markets," Working Papers 18-09, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Brice Corgnet & Mark Desantis & David Porter, 2019. "The Distribution of Information and the Price Efficiency of Markets," Post-Print hal-02312304, HAL.
- Brice Corgnet & Mark Desantis & David Porter, 2019. "The distribution of information and the price efficiency of markets," Post-Print halshs-02393564, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsNonlinear dependence; Bicorrelation; Market efficiency;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:376:y:2007:i:c:p:445-454. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.