Intended use of IPO proceeds and firm performance: A quantile regression approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cai, Jun & Wei, K. C. John, 1997. "The investment and operating performance of Japanese initial public offerings," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 389-417, September.
- Huyghebaert, Nancy & Van Hulle, Cynthia, 2006. "Structuring the IPO: Empirical evidence on the portions of primary and secondary shares," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 296-320, January.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Machado, Jose A. F. & Silva, J. M. C. Santos, 2000. "Glejser's test revisited," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 189-202, July.
- Autore, Don M. & Bray, David E. & Peterson, David R., 2009. "Intended use of proceeds and the long-run performance of seasoned equity issuers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 358-367, June.
- Pagano, Marco & Panetta, Fabio & Zingales, Luigi, 1996. "The stock market as a source of capital: Some lessons from initial public offerings in Italy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1057-1069, April.
- Pagan,Adrian & Ullah,Aman, 1999. "Nonparametric Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521355643.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & and Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 27-64, February.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CRSP working papers 330, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Pagano, Marco & Panetta, Fabio & Zingales, Luigi, 1996. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1332, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avanidhar Subrahmanyam & Sheridan Titman, 1999. "The Going-Public Decision and the Development of Financial Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 1045-1082, June.
- Kristian Rydqvist & Kenneth Högholm, 1995. "Going public in the 1980s: Evidence from Sweden," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 1(3), pages 287-315.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1996. "Detecting abnormal operating performance: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 359-399, July.
- Salim Darmadi & Randy Gunawan, 2013. "Underpricing, board structure, and ownership: An empirical examination of Indonesian IPO firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(2), pages 181-200, January.
- Jain, Bharat A & Kini, Omesh, 1994. " The Post-Issue Operating Performance of IPO Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1699-1726, December.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R, 1997. " The Operating Performance of Firms Conducting Seasoned Equity Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1823-1850, December.
- Jane Fry & Tim Fry & Keith McLaren, 2000.
"Compositional data analysis and zeros in micro data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 953-959.
- Jane M. Fry & Tim R.L. Fry & Keith R. McLaren, 1996. "Compositional Data Analysis and Zeros in Micro Data," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-120, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Kim, Kenneth A. & Kitsabunnarat, Pattanaporn & Nofsinger, John R., 2004. "Ownership and operating performance in an emerging market: evidence from Thai IPO firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 355-381, June.
- Kutsuna, Kenji & Okamura, Hideo & Cowling, Marc, 2002. "Ownership structure pre- and post-IPOs and the operating performance of JASDAQ companies," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 163-181, April.
- Robert Carpenter & Laura Rondi, 2006.
"Going Public to Grow? Evidence from a Panel of Italian Firms,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 387-407, December.
- Laura Rondi & Robert Carpenter, 2004. "Going Public To Grow? Evidence From A Panel Of Italian Firms," CERIS Working Paper 200410, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, October.
- Pierre Jeanneret, 2005. "Use of the Proceeds and Long-term Performance of French SEO Firms," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 11(1), pages 99-122.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J & Fulghieri, Paolo, 1999. "A Theory of the Going-Public Decision," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 249-279.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
" What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-1460, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kim, Woojin & Weisbach, Michael S., 2008.
"Motivations for public equity offers: An international perspective,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 281-307, February.
- Woojin Kim & Michael S. Weisbach, 2005. "Motivations for Public Equity Offers: An International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 11797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew J. Leone & Steve Rock & Michael Willenborg, 2007. "Disclosure of Intended Use of Proceeds and Underpricing in Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 111-153, March.
- Xiaozu Wang & Lixin Colin Xu & Tian Zhu, 2004. "State-owned enterprises going public "The case of China"," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 467-487, September.
- Anne Wyatt & Steven Cahan, 2014. "Is there useful information in the ‘use of proceeds’ disclosures in IPO prospectuses?," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 54(2), pages 625-667, June.
- Maria C. A. Balatbat & Stephen L. Taylor & Terry S. Walter, 2004. "Corporate governance, insider ownership and operating performance of Australian initial public offerings," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 299-328.
- Short, Helen & Keasey, Kevin, 1999. "Managerial ownership and the performance of firms: Evidence from the UK," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 79-101, March.
- K. Hron & P. Filzmoser & K. Thompson, 2012. "Linear regression with compositional explanatory variables," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 1115-1128, November.
- Andriansyah Andriansyah & George Messinis, 2014. "Equity Markets and Economic Development: Does the Primary Market Matter?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 90, pages 127-141, June.
- James C. Brau & Stanley E. Fawcett, 2006. "Initial Public Offerings: An Analysis of Theory and Practice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 399-436, February.
- Jenkinson, Tim & Ljungqvist, Alexander, 2001. "Going Public: The Theory and Evidence on How Companies Raise Equity Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780198295990.
- Wang, Changyun, 2005. "Ownership and operating performance of Chinese IPOs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1835-1856, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:168-181 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pdc:jrnbeh:v:14:y:2018:i:1:p:152-167 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIPO intentions; Firm performance; Compositional data; Quantile regressions; Indonesia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:36:y:2016:i:c:p:14-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.