Market reaction to "unsweetened" and "sweetened" rights offerings in an emerging European stock market
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aivazian, Varouj & Booth, Laurence & Cleary, Sean, 2003. "Dividend policy and the organization of capital markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 101-121, April.
- Kursat Aydogan & Gulnur Muradoglu, 1998. "Do markets learn from experience? Price reaction to stock dividends in the Turkish market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 41-49.
- Masulis, Ronald W. & Korwar, Ashok N., 1986. "Seasoned equity offerings : An empirical investigation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 91-118.
- Nickolaos V. Tsangarakis, 1996. "Shareholder Wealth Effects of Equity Issues in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Rights Offerings in Greece," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(3), Fall.
- Yakov Amihud & Haim Mendelson & Beni Lauterbach, 1997. "Market Microstructure and Securities Values: Evidence from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-004, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Edith Ginglinger & Jean-François Gajewski, 2002.
"Seasoned equity issues in a closely held market: evidence from France,"
- Gajewski, Jean-François & Ginglinger, Edith, 2002. "Seasoned Equity Issues in a Closely Held Market: Evidence from France," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1949, Paris Dauphine University.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Randall A. Heron & Erik Lie, 2004. "A Comparison of the Motivations for and the Information Content of Different Types of Equity Offerings," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(3), pages 605-632, July.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Poon, Percy, 1987. " The Market Reaction to Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1347-70, December.
- Walayet A. Khan & H. Kent Baker, 1993. "Unlisted Trading Privileges, Liquidity, And Stock Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(3), pages 221-236, 09.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adaoglu, Cahit, 2000. "Instability in the dividend policy of the Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE) corporations: evidence from an emerging market," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 252-270, November.
- Copeland, Thomas E, 1979. "Liquidity Changes Following Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 115-41, March.
- M. Ameziane Lasfer, 1997. "On the Motivation for Paying Scrip Dividends," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 26(1), Spring.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Lev, Baruch, 1987. " Stock Splits and Stock Dividends: Why, Who, and When," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 913-32, September.
- Eckbo, B. Espen & Masulis, Ronald W., 1992. "Adverse selection and the rights offer paradox," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 293-332, December.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Khan, Walayet A & Baker, H Kent, 1993. "Unlisted Trading Privileges, Liquidity, and Stock Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(3), pages 221-36, Fall.
- Ikenberry, David L. & Rankine, Graeme & Stice, Earl K., 1996. "What Do Stock Splits Really Signal?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(03), pages 357-375, September.
- Varouj Aivazian & Laurence Booth & Sean Cleary, 2003. "Do Emerging Market Firms Follow Different Dividend Policies From U.S. Firms?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 371-387.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1996. "Detecting abnormal operating performance: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 359-399, July.
- Gulnur Muradoglu & Hakan Berument & Kivilcim Metin, 1999. "Financial Crisis and Changes in Determinants of Risk and Return: An Empirical Investigation of an Emerging Market (ISE)," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 3(4), pages 223-252, December.
- Muscarella, Chris J. & Piwowar, Michael S., 2001. "Market microstructure and securities values: : Evidence from the Paris Bourse," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 209-229, June.
- White, R. W. & Lusztig, P. A., 1980. "The Price Effects of Rights Offerings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 25-40, March.
- Marsden, Alastair, 2000. "Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 419-442, July.
- B[oslash]hren, [Oslash]yvind & Eckbo, B. Espen & Michalsen, Dag, 1997. "Why underwrite rights offerings? Some new evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 223-261, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:16:y:2006:i:3:p:249-268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.