The Effects of Stock Splits on Bid-Ask Spreads
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:46:y:2017:i:pa:p:14-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guo, Fang & Zhou, Kaiguo & Cai, Jinghan, 2008. "Stock splits, liquidity, and information asymmetry--An empirical study on Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 417-438, September.
- Gregory Connor & Lisa R. Goldberg & Robert A. Korajczyk, 2010. "Portfolio Risk Analysis," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9224.
- Muscarella, Chris J. & Vetsuypens, Michael R., 1996. "Stock splits: Signaling or liquidity? The case of ADR 'solo-splits'," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 3-26, September.
- Ravi Dhar & William Goetzmann & Ning Zhu & EFA Moscow, 2004. "The Impact of Clientele Changes: Evidence from Stock Splits," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm369, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Alejandro Bernales & Massimo Guidolin, 2013. "The Effects of Information Asymmetries on the Success of Stock Option Listings," Working Papers 484, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Kristina Minnick & Kartik Raman, 2014. "Why are Stock Splits Declining?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 29-60, March.
- Koski, Jennifer Lynch, 1998. "Measurement Effects and the Variance of Returns after Stock Splits and Stock Dividends," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(1), pages 143-162.
- Anand S. Desai & M. Nimalendran & S. Venkataraman, 1998. "Changes In Trading Activity Following Stock Splits And Their Effect On Volatility And The Adverse-Information Component Of The Bid-Ask Spread," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(2), pages 159-183, June.
- Fernando, Chitru S. & Gatchev, Vladimir A. & Spindt, Paul A., 2010. "Institutional Ownership, Analyst Following and Share Prices," Working Papers 10-07, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Staff Report 229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cahit Adaoglu & Meziane Lasfer, 2011. "Why Do Companies Pay Stock Dividends? The Case of Bonus Distributions in an Inflationary Environment," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5-6), pages 601-627, June.
- Andrew W. Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 2004.
"Asset Prices and Trading Volume under Fixed Transactions Costs,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 1054-1090, October.
- Andrew Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 2001. "Asset Prices and Trading Volume Under Fixed Transactions Costs," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm188, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Andrew W. Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 2001. "Asset Prices and Trading Volume Under Fixed Transactions Costs," NBER Working Papers 8311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernando, Chitru S. & Gatchev, Vladimir A. & Spindt, Paul A., 2012. "Institutional ownership, analyst following, and share prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2175-2189.
- Birru, Justin & Wang, Baolian, 2016. "Nominal price illusion," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 578-598.
- A. Bernales, 2014. "The Effects of Information Asymmetries on the Ex-Post Success of Stock Option Listings," Working papers 495, Banque de France.
- Kothare, Meeta, 1997. "The effects of equity issues on ownership structure and stock liquidity: A comparison of rights and public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 131-148, January.
- Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed, 2014. "Shareholder wealth effects of stock dividends in a unique environment," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 66-81.
- Bill B. Francis & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2013. "The effects of stock splits on the bid-ask spread of syndicated loans," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 159-187.
- Anginer, Deniz & Yildizhan, Celim & Han, Xue Snow, 2017.
"Do Individual Investors Ignore Transaction Costs?,"
79358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anginer,Deniz & Han,Snow Xue & Yildizhan,Celim, 2017. "Do individual investors ignore transaction costs ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8098, The World Bank.
- Pilotte, Eugene & Manuel, Timothy, 1996. "The market's response to recurring events The case of stock splits," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 111-127, May.
- William C. Weld & Roni Michaely & Richard H. Thaler & Shlomo Benartzi, 2009. "The Nominal Share Price Puzzle," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 121-142, Spring.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Hamao, Yasushi & Melvin, Michael, 2014. "Little guys, liquidity, and the informational efficiency of price: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange on the effects of small investor participation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 163-181.
- Kim, Soon-Ho & Lee, Kuan-Hui, 2014. "Pricing of liquidity risks: Evidence from multiple liquidity measures," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 112-133.
- Gow-Cheng Huang & Kartono Liano & Ming-Shiun Pan, 2015. "The effects of stock splits on stock liquidity," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(1), pages 119-135, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:45:y:1990:i:4:p:1285-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.