Shareholder Wealth Effects of Equity Issues in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Rights Offerings in Greece
The abnormal returns associated with the announcements of rights issues is positive in Greece, where there is no active secondary market for rights but where stock ownership is concentrated in the hands of a few shareholders and rights issues are large relative to the existing common equity base.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 25 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620|
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
- Groen-Xu, Moqi & Massa, Massimo & Mataigne, Virginie & Vermaelen, Theo, 2017. "Choices in Equity Finance A Global Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 11987, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Massimo Massa & Theo Vermaelen & Moqi Xu, 2013.
"Rights offerings, trading, and regulation: a global perspective,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
55403, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Massimo Massa & Theo Vermaelen & Moqi Xu, 2013. "Rights offerings, trading, and regulation: A global perspective," FMG Discussion Papers dp727, Financial Markets Group.
- Adaoglu, Cahit, 2006. "Market reaction to "unsweetened" and "sweetened" rights offerings in an emerging European stock market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 249-268, July.
- Nikolaos G. Theriou, 2010. "Testing the relation between beta and returns in the Athens stock exchange," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(12), pages 1043-1056, October.
- Marisetty, Vijaya B. & Marsden, Alastair & Veeraraghavan, Madhu, 2008. "Price reaction to rights issues in the Indian capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 316-340, June.
- Madhuri Malhotra & M. Thenmozhi & Arun Kumar Gopalaswamy, 2011. "Evidence on Changes in Time Varying Volatility around Bonus and Rights Issue Announcements," Working Papers 2011-061, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Madhuri Malhotra & M Thenmozhi & Arun Kumar Gopalaswamy, 2012. "Evidence on Changes in Time Varying Volatility around Bonus and Rights Issue Announcements," Working Papers id:4728, eSocialSciences.
- Wang, Junbo & Wei, K.C. John & Pruitt, Stephen W., 2006. "An analysis of the share price and accounting performance of rights offerings in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-72, January.
- Kabir, Rezaul & Roosenboom, Peter, 2003. "Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 93-113, January.
- Kabir, M.R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2000. "Can the Stock Market anticipate Future Operating Performance? Evidence from Equity Rights Issues," Discussion Paper 2000-22, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kabir, R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2002. "Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-102-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Malhotra, Madhuri Malhotra & M., Thenmozhi & Gopalaswamy, Arun Kumar, 2012. "Liquidity changes around bonus and rights issue announcements: Evidence from manufacturing and service sectors in India," MPRA Paper 41216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Onur Arugaslan & Louise Miller, 2006. "On the Conditioning of the Financial Market’s Reaction to Seasoned Equity Offerings," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 141-154, Jul-Dec.
- Marsden, Alastair, 2000. "Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 419-442, July.
- Bozos, Konstantinos & Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos, 2011. "Forecasting the value effect of seasoned equity offering announcements," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 418-427, October.
- Pastor-Llorca, Maria Jesus & Martin-Ugedo, Juan Francisco, 2004. "Long-run performance of Spanish seasoned equity issues with rights," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 191-215.
- Drakos, Konstantinos & Kutan, Ali M., 2001. "Opposites attract: The case of Greek and Turkish financial markets," ZEI Working Papers B 06-2001, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Consuelo Riaño Gil & Francisco Javier Ruiz Cabestre & Rafael Santamaría Aquilué, 2004. "Formación de precios de suscripción en el mercado bursátil español: algunas consideraciones," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 28(1), pages 141-191, January.
- Hongbo Pan & Xinping Xia & Minggui Yu, 2008. "Expropriation: Evidence from Rights Issues in China," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 5-20, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fma:fmanag:tsangarakis. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed