Analytic solutions for infinite horizon stochastic optimal control problems via finite horizon approximation: A practical guide
We show how infinite horizon stochastic optimal control problems can be solved via studying their finite horizon approximations. This often leads to analytical solutions for the infinite horizon problem by studying phase diagrams, even in cases where the complexity of the finite horizon case does not permit analytic solutions. Our approach can be applied to many problems in dynamic economics.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chang,Fwu-Ranq, 2009.
"Stochastic Optimization in Continuous Time,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521541947, January.
- Chang,Fwu-Ranq, 2004. "Stochastic Optimization in Continuous Time," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521834063, January.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Nitzan, Shmuel, 1991. "Dynamic voluntary provision of public goods," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1057-1067, July.
- Fershtman, C. & Nitzan, S., 1988. "Dynamic Voluntary Provision Of Public Goods," Papers 21-88, Tel Aviv.
- Wang, Wen-Kai & Ewald, Christian-Oliver, 2010. "A stochastic differential Fishery game for a two species fish population with ecological interaction," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 844-857, May.
- Wen-Kai Wang & Christian-Oliver Ewald, 2010. "Dynamic voluntary provision of public goods with uncertainty: a stochastic differential game model," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 33(2), pages 97-116, November.
- Athanassoglou, Stergios, 2009. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Pollution Control Policy," MPRA Paper 16898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athanassoglou, Stergios, 2010. "Dynamic nonpoint-source pollution control policy: Ambient transfers and uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2494-2509, December.
- Dockner,Engelbert J. & Jorgensen,Steffen & Long,Ngo Van & Sorger,Gerhard, 2000. "Differential Games in Economics and Management Science," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521637329, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)