Transfer principles and inequality aversion, with an application to optimal growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. II," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 82-111, August.
- Anthony F. Shorrocks & James E. Foster, 1987. "Transfer Sensitive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 485-497.
- Van Liedekerke, Luc & Lauwers, Luc, 1997. "Sacrificing the Patrol: Utilitarianism, Future Generations and Infinity," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 159-174, October.
- W. A. Brock, 1970. "On Existence of Weakly Maximal Programmes in a Multi-Sector Economy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(2), pages 275-280.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2003.
"Social Welfare, Priority to the Worst-Off And the Dimensions of Individual Well-Being,"
IDEP Working Papers
0312, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2006. "Social welfare, priority to the worst-off and the dimensions of individual well-being," Post-Print hal-00246841, HAL.
- Geir Asheim & Tapan Mitra & Bertil Tungodden, 2012. "Sustainable recursive social welfare functions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 267-292, February.
- José Carlos R. Alcantud & María D. García-Sanz, 2013.
"Evaluations of Infinite Utility Streams: Pareto Efficient and Egalitarian Axiomatics,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 432-447, July.
- Alcantud, José Carlos R. & García-Sanz, María D., 2010. "Evaluations of infinite utility streams: Pareto-efficient and egalitarian axiomatics," MPRA Paper 20133, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toyotaka Sakai, 2010.
"Intergenerational equity and an explicit construction of welfare criteria,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 35(3), pages 393-414, September.
- Sakai, Toyotaka, 2008. "Intergenerational equity and an explicit construction of welfare criteria," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 395, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Toyotaka Sakai, 2006. "Equitable Intergenerational Preferences on Restricted Domains," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 27(1), pages 41-54, August.
- Aboudi, Ronny & Thon, Dominique, 2003. "Transfer principles and relative inequality aversion a majorization approach," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 299-311, July.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Michel, Philippe, 2003.
"Intertemporal equity and the extension of the Ramsey criterion,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 777-802, September.
- M. Fleurbaey & P. Michel, 1997. "Intertemporal equity and the extension of the Ramsey criterion," THEMA Working Papers 97-11, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & MICHEL, Philippe, 1997. "Intertemporal equity and the extension of the Ramsey criterion," CORE Discussion Papers 1997004, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stéphane Mussard, 2007. "Between-Group Pigou Dalton Transfers," Cahiers de recherche 07-06, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Van de gaer, Dirk & Ramos, Xavier, 2015.
"Measurement of Inequality of Opportunity Based on Counterfactuals,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9582, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dirk Van de gaer & Xavier Ramos, 2015. "Measurement of inequality of opportunity based on counterfactuals," Working Papers 388, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Susumu Cato, 2009. "Characterizing the Nash social welfare relation for infinite utility streams: a note," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2372-2379.
- Savaglio, Ernesto, 2007. "Inequality as differences: A simple characterization," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 31-36, March.
- Udo EBERT & Patrick MOYES, 2017. "The Impact of Talents and Preferences on Income Inequality," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-15, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Bosmans, Kristof, 2014.
"Distribution-sensitivity of rank-dependent poverty measures,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 69-76.
- Bosmans Kristof, 2012. "Distribution-sensitivity of rank-dependent poverty measures," Research Memorandum 034, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Chiaki Hara & Tomoichi Shinotsuka & Kotaro Suzumura & Yongsheng Xu, 2008. "Continuity and egalitarianism in the evaluation of infinite utility streams," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 31(2), pages 179-191, August.
- Uberti, Pierpaolo & Figini, Silvia, 2010. "How to measure single-name credit risk concentrations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 232-238, April.
- Sakai, Toyotaka, 2010. "A characterization and an impossibility of finite length anonymity for infinite generations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 877-883, September.
- Asheim, Geir B. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2005. "A new equity condition for infinite utility streams and the possibility of being Paretian," Memorandum 08/2005, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Chakravarty, Satya R. & D'Ambrosio, Conchita, 2013. "An axiomatic approach to the measurement of poverty reduction failure," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 874-880.
- Sakamoto, Norihito, 2011. "Impossibilities of Paretian Social Welfare Functions for Infinite Utility Streams with Distributive Equity," Discussion Papers 2011-09, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:42:y:2001:i:1:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565 .