Sacrificing the Patrol: Utilitarianism, Future Generations and Infinity
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knut Røed & Tao Zhang, 2000. "What Hides Behind the Rate of Unemployment? Micro Evidence from Norway," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 26, pages 143-170.
- Mabrouk, Mohamed, 2009. "Comparing Incomparable Alternatives when certain intergenerational choice axiom are to be satisfied," MPRA Paper 82568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zuber, Stéphane & Asheim, Geir B., 2012.
"Justifying social discounting: The rank-discounted utilitarian approach,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(4), pages 1572-1601.
- ZUBER, Stéphane, 2010. "Justifying social discounting: the rank-discounted utilitarian approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2010036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- StÃ©phane Zuber & Geir B. Asheim, 2010. "Justifying Social Discounting: The Rank-Discounted Utilitarian Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 3192, CESifo Group Munich.
- Geir B. Asheim & Kuntal Banerjee, 2010. "Fixed-step anonymous overtaking and catching-up," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, pages 149-165.
- Kuntal Banerjee, 2006. "On the Extension of the Utilitarian and Suppes–Sen Social Welfare Relations to Infinite Utility Streams," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 27(2), pages 327-339, October.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2013. "Climate policy with Bentham–Rawls preferences," Economics Letters, Elsevier, pages 424-428.
- Wojciech Rybicki, 2012. "Discounting and ideas of intergenerational equity and sustainability," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 1, pages 63-84.
- Asheim, Geir B., 2000. "Green national accounting: why and how?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 25-48, February.
- Partha Dasgupta, 2011.
"The Ethics of Intergenerational Distribution: Reply and Response to John E. Roemer,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 475-493.
- Karl Farmer & Birgit Bednar-Friedl & Andreas Rainer, 2008. "Effects of Unilateral Climate Policy on Terms of Trade, Capital Accumulation, and Welfare in a World Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2375, CESifo Group Munich.
- Asheim, Geir B. & Buchholz, Wolfgang & Tungodden, Bertil, 2001. "Justifying Sustainability," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 252-268.
- Geir Asheim & Stéphane Zuber, 2013.
"A complete and strongly anonymous leximin relation on infinite streams,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, pages 819-834.
- Geir B. Asheim & StÃ©phane Zuber, 2011. "A Complete and Strongly Anonymous Leximin Relation on Infinite Streams," CESifo Working Paper Series 3578, CESifo Group Munich.
- Geir B. Asheim & Stéphane Zuber, 2013. "A complete and strongly anonymous leximin relation on infinite streams," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00979780, HAL.
- repec:eee:mateco:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:28-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Michel, Philippe, 2001. "Transfer principles and inequality aversion, with an application to optimal growth," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-11, July.
- Basu, Kaushik & Mitra, Tapan, 2005. "On the Existence of Paretian Social Welfare Relations for Infinite Utility Streams with Extended Anonymity," Working Papers 05-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2012. "Climate Policy with Bentham-Rawls Preferences," Working Paper Series 3812, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2013. "Targets for global climate policy: An overview," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 911-928.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:ecnphi:v:13:y:1997:i:02:p:159-174_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_EAP .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.