On the Extension of the Utilitarian and Suppes–Sen Social Welfare Relations to Infinite Utility Streams
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- BLACKORBY, Charles & BOSSERT, Walter, 2004.
"Interpersonal Comparisons of Well-Being,"
Cahiers de recherche
2004-06, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Blackorby, Charles & Bossert, Walter, 2004. "Interpersonal Comparisons Of Well-Being," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 711, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- BLACKORBY, Charles & BOSSERT, Walter, 2004. "Interpersonal Comparisons of Well-Being," Cahiers de recherche 06-2004, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Weingast, Barry R. & Wittman, Donald, 2008. "The Oxford Handbook of Political Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199548477.
- Geir Asheim & Bertil Tungodden, 2004. "Resolving distributional conflicts between generations," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(1), pages 221-230, July.
- Van Liedekerke, Luc & Lauwers, Luc, 1997. "Sacrificing the Patrol: Utilitarianism, Future Generations and Infinity," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 159-174, October.
- Basu, Kaushik & Mitra, Tapan, 2007.
"Utilitarianism for infinite utility streams: A new welfare criterion and its axiomatic characterization,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 350-373, March.
- Basu, Kaushik & Mitra, Tapan, 2003. "Utilitarianism for Infinite Utility Streams: A New Welfare Criterion and Its Axiomatic Characterization," Working Papers 03-05, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Basu, Kaushik & Mitra, Tapan, 2005. "On the Existence of Paretian Social Welfare Relations for Infinite Utility Streams with Extended Anonymity," Working Papers 05-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Svensson, Lars-Gunnar, 1980. "Equity among Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1251-1256, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonsson, Adam & Voorneveld, Mark, 2018.
"The limit of discounted utilitarianism,"
Econometric Society, vol. 13(1), January.
- Jonsson, Adam & Voorneveld, Mark, 2014. "The limit of discounted utilitarianism," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 748, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 01 Feb 2017.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:3:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1007_s40505-014-0056-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mabrouk, Mohamed, 2009. "Comparing Incomparable Alternatives when certain intergenerational choice axiom are to be satisfied," MPRA Paper 82568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geir B. Asheim & Kuntal Banerjee, 2010. "Fixed-step anonymous overtaking and catching-up," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(1), pages 149-165.
- Marcus Pivato, 2014.
"Additive representation of separable preferences over infinite products,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 31-83, June.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2011. "Additive representation of separable preferences over infinite products," MPRA Paper 28262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adachi, Tsuyoshi & Cato, Susumu & Kamaga, Kohei, 2014. "Extended anonymity and Paretian relations on infinite utility streams," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 24-32.
- Geir B. Asheim, 2014. "Equitable intergenerational preferences and sustainability," Chapters,in: Handbook of Sustainable Development, chapter 8, pages 125-139 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:27:y:2006:i:2:p:327-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .