The Principle of Strong Diminishing Transfer
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Chateauneuf, A. & Gajdos, T. & Wilthien, P.-H., 1999. "The Principle of Strong Kiminishing Transfer," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999-96, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Alain Chateauneuf & Thibault Gajdos & Pierre-Henry Wilthien, 2002. "The Principle of Strong Diminishing Transfer," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00085936, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donaldson, David & Weymark, John A., 1980. "A single-parameter generalization of the Gini indices of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 67-86, February.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Davies James & Hoy Michael, 1994.
"The Normative Significance of Using Third-Degree Stochastic Dominance in Comparing Income Distributions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 520-530, December.
- Hoy, M. & Davies, J., 1991. "The Normative Significance of Using Third-Degree Stochastic Dominance in Comparing Income Distributions," Working Papers 1991-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. II," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 82-111, August.
- Claudio Zoli, 1999. "Intersecting generalized Lorenz curves and the Gini index," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(2), pages 183-196.
- Bossert, Walter, 1990. "An axiomatization of the single-series Ginis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 82-92, February.
- Anthony F. Shorrocks & James E. Foster, 1987. "Transfer Sensitive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 485-497.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schneider, Thierry, 1995.
"Risk-aversion, prudence and temperance: A unified approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(3-4), pages 331-336, June.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Thierry SCHNEIDER, 1994. "Risk Aversion, Prudence and Temperance : A Unified Approach," Working Papers 006, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Weymark, John A., 1981. "Generalized gini inequality indices," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 409-430, August.
- Mehran, Farhad, 1976. "Linear Measures of Income Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 805-809, July.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1980. "On a Class of Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 437-446, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mornet, Pauline & Zoli, Claudio & Mussard, Stéphane & Sadefo-Kamdem, Jules & Seyte, Françoise & Terraza, Michel, 2013. "The (α, β)-multi-level α-Gini decomposition with an illustration to income inequality in France in 2005," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 944-963.
- Mussard, Stéphane, 2007. "La décomposition des mesures d’inégalité en sources de revenu : méthodes et applications," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 83(3), pages 415-445, septembre.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2009.
"Ranking intersecting Lorenz curves,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 33(2), pages 235-259, August.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2000. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," Discussion Papers 271, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2004. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," CEIS Research Paper 45, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2000. "Ranking intersectiong Lorenz Curves," ICER Working Papers 08-2000, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Aaberge, Rolf, 2008. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," IZA Discussion Papers 3852, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Lambert, & Giuseppe Lanza, 2003. "The effect on inequality of changing one or two incomes," IFS Working Papers W03/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Pietro Muliere & Claudio Zoli, 2005. "Inverse stochastic orders and generalized Gini functionals," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 529-559.
- Louis R. Eeckhoudt & Roger J. A. Laeven & Harris Schlesinger, 2017. "Risk Apportionment: The Dual Story," Papers 1712.02182, arXiv.org.
- Stéphane Mussard, 2007. "Between-Group Pigou Dalton Transfers," Cahiers de recherche 07-06, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Claudio Zoli, 2002.
"Inverse stochastic dominance, inequality measurement and Gini indices,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, pages 119-161.
- Claudio Zoli, 2002. "Inverse stochastic dominance, inequality measurement and Gini indices," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 119-161, December.
- Stefananescu, Stefan, 2008. "Measuring the Socio-Economic Bipolarization Phenomenon," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(1), pages 149-161, March.
- Uberti, Pierpaolo & Figini, Silvia, 2010. "How to measure single-name credit risk concentrations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 232-238, April.
- Paul Makdissi & Stéphane Mussard, 2008.
"Analyzing the impact of indirect tax reforms on rank-dependent social welfare functions: a positional dominance approach,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 30(3), pages 385-399, April.
- Paul Makdissi & Stéphane Mussard, 2006. "Analyzing the Impact of Indirect Tax Reforms on Rank Dependant Social Welfare Functions: A Positional Dominance Approach," Cahiers de recherche 06-02, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Bosmans, Kristof, 2007. "Income inequality, quasi-concavity, and gradual population shifts," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 29-45, January.
- Peter Lambert & Giuseppe Lanza, 2006. "The effect on inequality of changing one or two incomes," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 4(3), pages 253-277, December.
- Wakker, Peter P., 2005. "Decision-foundations for properties of nonadditive measures: general state spaces or general outcome spaces," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 107-125, January.
- Michel Le Breton & Eugenio Peluso, 2009. "Third-degree stochastic dominance and inequality measurement," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 7(3), pages 249-268, September.
More about this item
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:103:y:2002:i:2:p:311-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.