Endogenizing the provision of money: Costs of commodity and fiat monies in relation to the value of trade
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Myerson, Roger B, 1983. "Mechanism Design by an Informed Principal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1767-1797, November.
- Leonid Hurwicz, 2008. "But Who Will Guard the Guardians?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 577-585, June.
- Gale, Douglas M, 1986. "Bargaining and Competition Part I: Characterization," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 785-806, July.
- Lars Peter Hansen & James J. Heckman, 1996. "The Empirical Foundations of Calibration," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 87-104, Winter.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana & Wallace, Neil, 1998. "Incomplete Record-Keeping and Optimal Payment Arrangements," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 272-289, August.
- P. Bak & S. F. Nrrelykke & M. Shubik, 2001. "Money and Goldstone modes," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 186-190.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-954, August.
- Starr, Ross M, 1976. "Decentralized Nonmonetary Trade," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 1087-1089, September.
- Eric S. Maskin, 2008. "Mechanism Design: How to Implement Social Goals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 567-576, June.
- Rubinstein, Ariel & Wolinsky, Asher, 1985.
"Equilibrium in a Market with Sequential Bargaining,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1133-1150, September.
- Arial Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1985. "Equilibrium in a Market with Sequential Bargaining," Levine's Working Paper Archive 623, David K. Levine.
- Kannai, Yakar & Rosenmüller, Joachim, 2010. "Strategic behavior in financial markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 148-162, March.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Equilibrium in a Pure Currency Economy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 203-220, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Smith & Martin Shubik, 2014.
"Runs, panics and bubbles: Diamond–Dybvig and Morris–Shin reconsidered,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 603-622, November.
- Eric Smith & Martin Shubik, 2012. "Runs, Panics and Bubbles: Diamond-Dybvig and Morris-Shin Reconsidered," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1869, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Eric Smith & Martin Shubik, 2012. "Runs, Panics and Bubbles: Diamond Dybvig and Morris Shin Reconsidered," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000567, David K. Levine.
- Gutiérrez, Martha & Franco, Giovanni & Campuzano, Carlos, 2013. "Gold prices: Analyzing its cyclical behavior," REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, issue 79, pages 113-142, September.
More about this item
KeywordsGold; Commodity money; Bureaucracy; Contract enforcement; Taxes; Fiat money;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:47:y:2011:i:4:p:508-530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.