Bargaining set and anonymous core without the monotonicity assumption
We give an example of an atomless exchange economy in which consumers'preference relations are not monotone and in which the bargaining set of Mas-Colell (1989) consists of all allocations satisfying resource constraints, although the set of all Walrasian equilibrium allocations, the core, and the anonymous core of Hara (2002) are all empty. We also give an equivalence theorem for the anonymous core when the preference relations may not be monotone.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmeidler, David, 1969.
"Competitive Equilibria in Markets with a Continuum of Traders and Incomplete Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 578-585, October.
- SCHMEIDLER, David, "undated". "Competitive equilibria in markets with a continuum of traders and incomplete preferences," CORE Discussion Papers RP 62, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Neuefeind, Wilhelm, 1980. "Notes on Existence of Equilibrium Proofs and the Boundary Behavior of Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1831-1837, November.
- Manelli, Alejandro M, 1991. "Monotonic Preferences and Core Equivalence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 123-138, January.
- Alejandro Manelli, 1989. "Monotonic Preferences and Core Equivalence," Discussion Papers 859, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1970. "Existence of Equilibria for Economies with Production and a Measure Space of Consumers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(5), pages 608-623, September.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "An equivalence theorem for a bargaining set," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 129-139, April.
- Robert M. Anderson & Walter Trockel & Lin Zhou, 1997. "Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1227-1240, September.
- Robert M. Anderson and Walter Trockel and Lin Zhou., 1994. "Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets," Economics Working Papers 94-224, University of California at Berkeley.
- Robert M. Anderson & Walter Tockel & Lin Zhou, 1994. "Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets," Game Theory and Information 9403001, EconWPA.
- Anderson, Robert M. & Trockel, Walter & Zhou, Lin, 1994. "Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0fc8c73x, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Peter J. Hammond, 1979. "Straightforward Individual Incentive Compatibility in Large Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 263-282.
- Manelli, Alejandro M., 1991. "Core convergence without monotone preferences and free disposal," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 400-415, December.
- Gerard Debreu, 1956. "Market Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 10, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Broome, John, 1972. "Approximate equilibrium in economies with indivisible commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 224-249, October.
- Husseinov, Farhad, 1999. "Boundary Behavior of Excess Demand and Existence of Equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 434-449, August.
- Chiaki Hara, 2005. "Existence of Equilibria in Economies with Bads," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 647-658, 03.
- Hara, Chiaki, 2002. "The anonymous core of an exchange economy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 91-116, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:41:y:2005:i:4-5:p:545-556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.