Bargaining set and anonymous core without the monotonicity assumption
We give an example of an atomless exchange economy in which consumers'preference relations are not monotone and in which the bargaining set of Mas-Colell (1989) consists of all allocations satisfying resource constraints, although the set of all Walrasian equilibrium allocations, the core, and the anonymous core of Hara (2002) are all empty. We also give an equivalence theorem for the anonymous core when the preference relations may not be monotone.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert M. Anderson and Walter Trockel and Lin Zhou., 1994.
"Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets,"
Economics Working Papers
94-224, University of California at Berkeley.
- Robert M. Anderson & Walter Trockel & Lin Zhou, 1997. "Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1227-1240, September.
- Robert M. Anderson & Walter Tockel & Lin Zhou, 1994. "Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets," Game Theory and Information 9403001, EconWPA.
- Anderson, Robert M. & Trockel, Walter & Zhou, Lin, 1994. "Nonconvergence of the Mas-Colell and Zhou Bargaining Sets," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0fc8c73x, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1970. "Existence of Equilibria for Economies with Production and a Measure Space of Consumers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(5), pages 608-23, September.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "An equivalence theorem for a bargaining set," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 129-139, April.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1979. "Straightforward Individual Incentive Compatibility in Large Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 263-82, April.
- Chiaki Hara, 2005. "Existence of Equilibria in Economies with Bads," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 647-658, 03.
- SCHMEIDLER, David, .
"Competitive equilibria in markets with a continuum of traders and incomplete preferences,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-62, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Schmeidler, David, 1969. "Competitive Equilibria in Markets with a Continuum of Traders and Incomplete Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 578-85, October.
- Broome, John, 1972. "Approximate equilibrium in economies with indivisible commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 224-249, October.
- Alejandro Manelli, 1989.
"Monotonic Preferences and Core Equivalence,"
859, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hara, Chiaki, 2002. "The anonymous core of an exchange economy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 91-116, September.
- Husseinov, Farhad, 1999. "Boundary Behavior of Excess Demand and Existence of Equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 434-449, August.
- Manelli, Alejandro M., 1991. "Core convergence without monotone preferences and free disposal," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 400-415, December.
- Gerard Debreu, 1956. "Market Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 10, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Neuefeind, Wilhelm, 1980. "Notes on Existence of Equilibrium Proofs and the Boundary Behavior of Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1831-37, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:41:y:2005:i:4-5:p:545-556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.