Matching and competition for human capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Levine, David I, 1993.
"Worth Waiting For? Delayed Compensation, Training, and Turnover in the United States and Japan,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(4), pages 724-752, October.
- Levine, David I., 1991. "Worth Waiting For? Delayed Compensation, Training and Turnover in the United States and Japan," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt97m9v25n, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Timmis, Gerald C, 1990.
"Multiperiod Wage Contracts and Productivity Profiles,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(4), pages 529-563, October.
- Jerry Timmins & Dan Bernhardt, 1985. "Multiperiod Wage Contracts and Productivity Profiles," Working Papers 644, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Topel, Robert H, 1991.
"Specific Capital, Mobility, and Wages: Wages Rise with Job Seniority,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(1), pages 145-176, February.
- Robert H. Topel, 1990. "Specific Capital, Mobility, and Wages: Wages Rise with Job Seniority," NBER Working Papers 3294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert H. Topel & Michael P. Ward, 1992. "Job Mobility and the Careers of Young Men," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 439-479.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817.
- Thornton, Robert J & Innes, Jon T, 1985. "On Simpson's Paradox in Economic Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 47(4), pages 387-394, November.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Firm-specific Capital and Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1246-1260, December.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1988. "Wages, Separations, and Job Tenure: On-the-Job Specific Training or Matching?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(4), pages 445-471, October.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1978. "Specific Capital, Bargaining, and Labor Turnover," Discussion Papers 320, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Stevens, 2012. "Human Capital and Competition: Strategic Complementarities in Firm-based Training," Economics Series Working Papers 629, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Centeno, Mário & Corrêa, Márcio, 2010.
"Job matching, technological progress, and worker-provided on-the-job training,"
Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 190-192, December.
- Mário Centeno & Márcio Corrêa, 2005. "Job Matching, Technological Progress And Worker-Provided On-The-Job Training," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 171, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Chong-En Bai & Yijiang Wang, 2003. "Uncertainty in Labor Productivity and Specific Human Capital Investment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(3), pages 651-676, July.
- Clark, Damon & Fahr, René, 2001.
"The Promise of Workplace Training for Non-College-Bound Youth: Theory and Evidence from German Apprenticeship,"
IZA Discussion Papers
378, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clark, Damon & RenÈ Fahr, 2002. "The Promise of Workplace Training for Non-College-Bound Youth: Theory and Evidence from German Apprenticeship," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 52, Royal Economic Society.
- Clark, Damon & Fahr, Rene, 2002. "The promise of workplace training for non-college bound youth: theory and evidence from German apprenticeship," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20092, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Damon Clark & René Fahr, 2002. "The Promise of Workplace Training for Non-College Bound Youth: Theory and Evidence from German Apprenticeship," CEP Discussion Papers dp0518, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Frazer, Garth, 2006. "Learning the master's trade: Apprenticeship and human capital in Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 259-298, December.
- Scoones, David & Bernhardt, Dan, 1998. "Promotion, Turnover, and Discretionary Human Capital Acquisition," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 122-141, January.
- Clark, Damon, 2002. "Matching, Screening and Firm Investment in General Training: Theory and Evidence," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A2-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:7:y:2000:i:2:p:135-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.