Neighborhood characteristics and the targeting of tax increment financing in Chicago
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, John E. & Wassmer, Robert W., 1995. "The decision to 'bid for business': Municipal behavior in granting property tax abatements," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 739-757, December.
- Anderson, John E., 1990. "Tax Increment Financing: Municipal Adoption and Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(2), pages 155-63, June.
- Dye, Richard F. & Merriman, David F., 2000. "The Effects of Tax Increment Financing on Economic Development," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 306-328, March.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2001. "Tax increment financing: a theoretical inquiry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 321-343, August.
- Anderson, John E., 1990. "Tax Increment Financing: Municipal Adoption and Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 43(2), pages 155-163, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felix, R. Alison & Hines, James R., 2013.
"Who offers tax-based business development incentives?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 80-91.
- Alison Felix & James R. Hines, 2011. "Who offers tax-based business development incentives?," Research Working Paper RWP 11-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- R. Alison Felix & James R. Hines, Jr., 2011. "Who Offers Tax-Based Business Development Incentives?," NBER Working Papers 17466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brent C. Smith, 2009. "If You Promise to Build It, Will They Come? The Interaction between Local Economic Development Policy and the Real Estate Market: Evidence from Tax Increment Finance Districts," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 209-234.
- Stine, William F., 2010. "Estimating the Determinants of Property Reassessment Duration: An Empirical Study of Pennsylvania Counties," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2).
- Smith, Brent C., 2006. "The impact of tax increment finance districts on localized real estate: Evidence from Chicago's multifamily markets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 21-37, March.
- Fei, Fan & Hines, James R. & Horwitz, Jill R., 2016. "Are PILOTs property taxes for nonprofits?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 109-123.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:54:y:2003:i:2:p:309-327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.