If You Promise to Build It, Will They Come? The Interaction between Local Economic Development Policy and the Real Estate Market: Evidence from Tax Increment Finance Districts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rachel Weber & Saurav Dev Bhatta & David Merriman, 2003. "Does Tax Increment Financing Raise Urban Industrial Property Values?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(10), pages 2001-2021, September.
- Anderson, John E., 1990. "Tax Increment Financing: Municipal Adoption and Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(2), pages 155-63, June.
- Dye, Richard F. & Merriman, David F., 2000. "The Effects of Tax Increment Financing on Economic Development," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 306-328, March.
- G. Jud & Daniel Winkler, 2006. "The Announcement Effect of an Airport Expansion on Housing Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 91-103, September.
- Byrne, Paul F., 2005. "Strategic interaction and the adoption of tax increment financing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 279-303, May.
- Randall W. Eberts, 1990. "Public infrastructure and regional economic development," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 15-27.
- Gibson, Diane, 2003. "Neighborhood characteristics and the targeting of tax increment financing in Chicago," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 309-327, September.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2001. "Tax increment financing: a theoretical inquiry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 321-343, August.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-694, July.
- Anderson, John E., 1990. "Tax Increment Financing: Municipal Adoption and Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 43(2), pages 155-163, June.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1974. "Wage Comparisons-A Selectivity Bias," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1119-1143, Nov.-Dec..
- Paul F. Byrne, 2006. "Determinants of Property Value Growth for Tax Increment Financing Districts," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 20(4), pages 317-329, November.
- Lewis, H Gregg, 1974. "Comments on Selectivity Biases in Wage Comparisons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1145-1155, Nov.-Dec..
- N. Edward Coulson & Michael L. Lahr, 2005. "Gracing the Land of Elvis and Beale Street: Historic Designation and Property Values in Memphis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 487-507, September.
- Joyce Y. Man & Mark S. Rosentraub, 1998. "Tax Increment Financing: Municipal Adoption and Effects On Property Value Growth," Public Finance Review, , vol. 26(6), pages 523-547, November.
- Smith, Brent C., 2006. "The impact of tax increment finance districts on localized real estate: Evidence from Chicago's multifamily markets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 21-37, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ooi, Joseph T.L. & Le, Thao T.T., 2013. "The spillover effects of infill developments on local housing prices," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 850-861.
- Benito Arruñada & Amnon Lehavi, 2010. "Prime property institutions for a subprime era: Toward innovative models of homeownership," Economics Working Papers 1217, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Robert T. Greenbaum & Jim Landers, 2014. "The Tiff Over TIF: A Review of the Literature Examining the Effectiveness of the Tax Increment Financing," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 67(3), pages 655-674, September.
- Edward Feser, 2013. "Issermanâ€™s Impact," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 36(1), pages 44-68, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reesec:v:37:y:2009:i:2:p:209-234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/areueea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.