When do plastic bills lower the bill for the central bank? A model and estimates for the U.S
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Menzies, Gordon, 2004. "Money to burn, or melt? A cost-benefit analysis of Australian polymer banknotes," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 355-368, December.
- Leo Van Hove, 2004. "Cost-based Pricing of Payment Instruments: the State of the Debate," De Economist, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 79-100, March.
- Jorge E. Galán and & Miguel Sarmiento, 2008.
"Banknote Printing at Modern central Banking: Trends, Costs and Efficiency,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 217-262, July-Dece.
- Jorge Eduardo Galán Camacho & Miguel Sarmiento Paipilla, 2007. "Banknote Printing At Modern Central Banking:Trends, Costs, And Efficiency," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004393, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jorge Eduardo Galán Camacho & Miguel Sarmiento Paipilla, 2007. "Banknote Printing At Modern Central Banking: Trends, Costs, And Efficiency," Borradores de Economia 476, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Anikó Turján & Éva Divéki & Éva Keszy-Harmath & Gergely Kóczán & Kristóf Takács, 2011. "Nothing is free: a survey of the social cost of the main payment instruments in Hungary," MNB Occasional Papers 2011/93, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Alami, Tarik H., 2001. "Currency substitution versus dollarization: A portfolio balance model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 473-479, May.
- Boeschoten, Willem C & Fase, Martin M G, 1992. "The Demand for Large Bank Notes," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 319-337, August.
- Fumiko Hayashi & William R. Keeton, 2012. "Measuring the costs of retail payment methods," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II.
- VAN HOVE, Leo, 2007. "Central Banks and Payment Instruments: a Serious Case of Schizophrenia," MPRA Paper 5281, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruth Judson & Richard D. Porter, 2003. "Estimating the worldwide volume of counterfeit U.S. currency: data and extrapolation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Manfred J. M. Neumann, 1992. "Seigniorage in the United States: how much does the U.S. government make from money production?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 29-40.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deinhammer, Harald & Ladi, Anna, 2017. "Modelling euro banknote quality in circulation," Occasional Paper Series 204, European Central Bank.
- Van Hove, Leo, 2015. "Modelling banknote printing costs: of cohorts, generations, and note-years," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 238-249.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:252-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Heij, Hans, 2017. "A model for use-centered design of payment instruments applied to banknotes : Upid-model," Other publications TiSEM 981fb06b-8f61-4652-aedb-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral banks; Plastic banknotes; Production costs; Seigniorage;
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E47 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:35:y:2013:i:1:p:45-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.