Central Banks and Payment Instruments: a Serious Case of Schizophrenia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathias Drehmann & Charles Goodhart & Malte Krueger, 2002. "The challenges facing currency usage: will the traditional transaction medium be able to resist competition from the new technologies?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(34), pages 193-228, April.
- Kari Kemppainen & Sinikka Salo, 2006. "Promoting Integration of European Retail Payment Systems: Role of Competition, Cooperation and Regulation," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Martin Handig & Robert Holzfeind, 2007. "Euro Banknotes in Circulation and the Allocation of Monetary Income within the Eurosystem," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 150-163.
- Nicole Jonker & Bram Scholten & Marco Wind (DNB) & Martijn van Emmerik & Marieke van der Hoeven (TNO Human Factors), 2006. "Counterfeit or genuine: can you tell the difference?," DNB Working Papers 121, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Humphrey, David B & Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent, 2001.
"Realizing the Gains from Electronic Payments: Costs, Pricing, and Payment Choice,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 216-234, May.
- David B. Humphrey & Moshe Kim & Bent Vale, 1998. "Realizing the gains from electronic payments: costs, pricing, and payment choice," Proceedings 586, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- W. Bolt, 2003. "Retail Payments in the Netherlands: some Facts and Some Theory," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 722, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Anton Schautzer, 2007. "Cash Logistics in Austria and the Euro Area," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 138-149.
- Verdier, Marianne, 2006. "Retail Payment Systems: What can we Learn from Two-Sided Markets?," MPRA Paper 2606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leo Van Hove, 1999. "Electronic money and the network externalities theory: lessons for real life," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 137-171, October.
- Peter Mooslechner & Helmut Stix & Karin Wagner, 2006. "How Are Payments Made in Austria?," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 111-134.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2005. "New Developments in Monetary Economics: Two ghosts, Two Eccentricities, a Fallacy, a Mirage and a Mythos," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(502), pages 1-31, March.
- Wilko Bolt, 2006. "Retail Payments in the Netherlands: Facts and Theory," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 345-372, September.
- N/A, 1996. "Note:," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 31(1-2), pages 1-1, January.
- Nicole Jonker & Thijs Kettenis, 2007. "Explaining cash usage in the Netherlands: the effect of electronic payment instruments," DNB Working Papers 136, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:252-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seitz, Franz & Krueger, Malte, 2017. "The Blessing of Cash," International Cash Conference 2017 – War on Cash: Is there a Future for Cash? 162911, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Bouhdaoui, Y. & Bounie, D. & Van Hove, L., 2013. "When do plastic bills lower the bill for the central bank? A model and estimates for the U.S," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 45-60.
- Krueger, Malte, 2009. "The Pricing of Payments," MPRA Paper 24759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordspayment instruments; central banks; cash; banknotes; payment cards; public policy; efficiency;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-10-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-10-20 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .