A Reassessment of Long-Run Elasticities of Japanese Import Demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, Joon Y, 1992. "Canonical Cointegrating Regressions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 119-143, January.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "An I(2) Cointegration Analysis of the Purchasing Power Parity between Australia and the United States," Papers 231, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1994. "Japanese import demand behavior: The cointegration approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-298, June.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Wilkinson, Jenny, 1992. "Explaining Australia's Imports: 1974-1989," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(201), pages 151-164, June.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masih, Rumi & Masih, Abul M. M., 1996. "Macroeconomic activity dynamics and Granger causality: New evidence from a small developing economy based on a vector error-correction modelling analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 407-426, July.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987. "Time Series Regression with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 277-301, March.
- Clarida, Richard H, 1994.
"Cointegration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand for Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 298-308, March.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1991. "Co-Integration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand For Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation," NBER Working Papers 3812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1992. "Cointegration, aggregate consumption, and the demand for imports: a structural econometric investigation," Research Paper 9213, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Thursby, Jerry G & Thursby, Marie C, 1984. "How Reliable Are Simple, Single Equation Specifications of Import Demand?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 120-128, February.
- Perron, Pierre, 1988.
"Trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series : Further evidence from a new approach,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 297-332.
- Perron, P., 1986. "Trends and Random Walks in Macroeconomic Time Series: Further Evidence From a New Approach," Cahiers de recherche 8650, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Dickey, David A & Pantula, Sastry G, 1987. "Determining the Ordering of Differencing in Autoregressive Processes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(4), pages 455-461, October.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 277-301, March.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression," Cahiers de recherche 8633, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Pierre Perron, 1986. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 795R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Sep 1987.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PPUNIT: RATS procedure to perform Phillips-Perron Unit Root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00160, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1991. "Asymptotically Efficient Estimation of Cointegration Regressions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 1-21, March.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- DeJong, David N, et al, 1992. "Integration versus Trend Stationarity in Time Series," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 423-433, March.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Gonzalo, Jesus, 1994. "Five alternative methods of estimating long-run equilibrium relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 203-233.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Hurn, A Stan, 1992. " Cointegration and Dynamic Time Series Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 1-43.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Yash P. Mehra, 1994. "An error-correction model of the long-term bond rate," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 49-68.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vaona, Andrea, 2016. "The effect of renewable energy generation on import demand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 354-359.
- Santos-Paulino, Amelia U., 2002.
"The Effects of Trade Liberalization on Imports in Selected Developing Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 959-974, June.
- Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2001. "The Effects of Trade Liberalisation on Imports in Selected Developing Countries," Studies in Economics 0110, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Knobel, Alexander, 2011. "Estimation of import demand function in Russia," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 24(4), pages 3-26.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2008. "A re-examination of the role of foreign direct investment and exports in Malaysia's economic growth," MPRA Paper 38536, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Lai, Yew Wah, 2011. "The Stability of Export-led Growth Hypothesis: Evidence from Asia's Four Little Dragons," MPRA Paper 27962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evens SALIES, 2004. "The consumption of ordinary wines in France : the effect of administered prices," Econometrics 0406003, EconWPA.
- Alexander Knobel & Bekhan Chokaev, 2014.
"Possible Economic Outcomes of a Trade Agreement with the European Union,"
0107, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2014.
- Knobel, Alexander & Chokaev, Bekhan, 2014. "Possible Economic Outcomes of a Trade Agreement with the European Union," EconStor Preprints 121853, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Yoichi Matsubayashi & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2009.
"Empirical analysis of import demand behavior of least developed countries,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1443-1458.
- Yoichi, Matsubayashi & Shigeyuki, Hamori, 2009. "Empirical Analysis of Import Demand Behavior of Least Developed Countries," MPRA Paper 17266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2005. "Export-Led Growth Hypothesis: Further Econometric Evidence From South Asia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 43(4), pages 472-488, December.
- Frank Agbola & Chartri Kunanopparat, 2005. "Determinants of exchange rate practices: some empirical evidence from Thailand," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 807-816.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2004. "Exports and Economic Growth Nexus: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 563-581.
- Martins IYOBOYI & Abdrelrasaq NA-ALLAH, 2014. "Innovation and economic growth: evidence from Nigeria," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 1(33), pages 43-54, May.
- José Cancelo & Estefanía Mourelle, 2005. "Modeling Cyclical Asymmetries in European Imports," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 11(2), pages 135-147, May.
- Tang Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Aggregate Import Demand Function For Eighteen Oic Countries: A Cointegration Analysis," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 11(2), pages 167-195, December.
- Hossain, Akhand Akhtar, 2009. "Structural change in the export demand function for Indonesia: Estimation, analysis and policy implications," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 260-271.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:11:y:2005:i:2:p:135-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- West, L.k. & Agbola, W.F., 2005. "Causality Links Between Asset Prices And Cash Rate In Australia," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(3), pages 69-86.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2003. "Cointegration analysis for Japanese import demand: revisited," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(14), pages 905-908.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Japanese aggregate import demand function: reassessment from the 'bounds' testing approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 419-436, December.
- Shyh-Wei Chen, 2008. "Long-run aggregate import demand function in Taiwan: an ARDL bounds testing approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(9), pages 731-735.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2004. "Does financial variable(s) explain the Japanese aggregate import demand? A cointegration analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(12), pages 775-780.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:22:y:2000:i:5:p:625-639. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.