A measure of equity for public transit connectivity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bloom, Gerald, 2001. "Equity in health in unequal societies: meeting health needs in contexts of social change," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 205-224, September.
- Delmelle, Elizabeth Cahill & Casas, Irene, 2012. "Evaluating the spatial equity of bus rapid transit-based accessibility patterns in a developing country: The case of Cali, Colombia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 36-46.
- M Truelove, 1993. "Measurement of Spatial Equity," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 11(1), pages 19-34, March.
- Delbosc, Alexa & Currie, Graham, 2011. "Using Lorenz curves to assess public transport equity," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1252-1259.
- Thomas W. Sanchez & Qing Shen & Zhong-Ren Peng, 2004. "Transit Mobility, Jobs Access and Low-income Labour Participation in US Metropolitan Areas," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(7), pages 1313-1331, June.
- Mizuki Kawabata, 2009. "Spatiotemporal Dimensions of Modal Accessibility Disparity in Boston and San Francisco," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(1), pages 183-198, January.
- Rosero-Bixby, Luis, 2004. "Spatial access to health care in Costa Rica and its equity: a GIS-based study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(7), pages 1271-1284, April.
- Lucas, Karen, 2006. "Providing transport for social inclusion within a framework for environmental justice in the UK," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 801-809, December.
- Maniquet, Francois & Sprumont, Yves, 2005.
"Welfare egalitarianism in non-rival environments,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 155-174, February.
- Francois Maniquet & Yves Sprumont, 2002. "Welfare Egalitarianism in Non-Rival Environments," Economics Working Papers 0016, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- MANIQUET, François & SPRUMONT, Yves, 2005. "Welfare egalitarianism in non-rival environments," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1826, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marcus C. Berliant & Robert P. Strauss, 1985. "The Horizontal and Vertical Equity Characteristics of the Federal Individual Income Tax, 1966-1977," NBER Chapters, in: Horizontal Equity, Uncertainty, and Economic Well-Being, pages 179-214, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishra, Sabyasachee & Welch, Timothy F. & Jha, Manoj K., 2012. "Performance indicators for public transit connectivity in multi-modal transportation networks," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1066-1085.
- Brown, Malcolm C., 1994. "Using gini-style indices to evaluate the spatial patterns of health practitioners: Theoretical considerations and an application based on Alberta data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1243-1256, May.
- Bureau, Benjamin & Glachant, Matthieu, 2011.
"Distributional effects of public transport policies in the Paris Region,"
Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 745-754, September.
- Benjamin Bureau & Matthieu Glachant, 2011. "Distributional effects of public transport policies in the Paris Region," Post-Print hal-00659059, HAL.
- Benjamin Bureau & Matthieu Glachant, 2011. "Distributional effects of public transport policies in the Paris Region," Post-Print hal-00869792, HAL.
- Taylor, Brian D & Garrett, Mark, 1999. "Reconsidering Social Equity in Public Transit," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2bm7b38n, University of California Transportation Center.
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring Accessibility: An Exploration of Issues and Alternatives," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July.
- Alan T. Murray & Rex Davis, 2001. "Equity in Regional Service Provision," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 557-600, November.
More about this item
KeywordsTransit equity; Graph theory; Capacity; Frequency; Multi-modal transit;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jotrge:v:33:y:2013:i:c:p:29-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-transport-geography .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.