Evaluating the spatial equity of bus rapid transit-based accessibility patterns in a developing country: The case of Cali, Colombia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Irene Casas & Eric Delmelle & Alejandro Varela, 2010. "A Space-Time Approach to Diffusion of Health Service Provision Information," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 33(2), pages 134-156, April.
- Richard Arnott, 1998.
"Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(7), pages 1171-1185, June.
- Richard Arnott, 1997. "Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 390., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Olvera, Lourdes Diaz & Plat, Didier & Pochet, Pascal, 2003. "Transportation conditions and access to services in a context of urban sprawl and deregulation. The case of Dar es Salaam," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 287-298, October.
- Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Jacobson, Mireille & Wold, Cheryl, 2006.
"How far to the hospital?: The effect of hospital closures on access to care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 740-761, July.
- Thomas C. Buchmueller & Mireille Jacobson & Cheryl Wold, 2004. "How Far to the Hospital? The Effect of Hospital Closures on Access to Care," NBER Working Papers 10700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lourdes Diaz Olvera & Didier Plat & Pascal Pochet, 2003. "Transportation Conditions and Access to Services in a Context of Urban Sprawl and Deregulation. The Case of Dar es Salaam," Post-Print halshs-00068249, HAL.
- E Talen & L Anselin, 1998. "Assessing spatial equity: an evaluation of measures of accessibility to public playgrounds," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(4), pages 595-613, April.
- E Talen & L Anselin, 1998. "Assessing Spatial Equity: An Evaluation of Measures of Accessibility to Public Playgrounds," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(4), pages 595-613, April.
- Rodríguez, Daniel A. & Mojica, Carlos H., 2009. "Capitalization of BRT network expansions effects into prices of non-expansion areas," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 560-571, June.
- Julian Hine & Fiona Mitchell, 2001. "Better for Everyone? Travel Experiences and Transport Exclusion," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(2), pages 319-332, February.
- Christopher Zegras, 2010. "The Built Environment and Motor Vehicle Ownership and Use: Evidence from Santiago de Chile," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(8), pages 1793-1817, July.
- Daniel Baldwin Hess, 2005. "Access to Employment for Adults in Poverty in the Buffalo-Niagara Region," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 42(7), pages 1177-1200, June.
- World Bank, 2002. "Cali, Colombia : Toward a City Development Strategy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14086.
- Church, A. & Frost, M. & Sullivan, K., 2000. "Transport and social exclusion in London," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 195-205, July.
- Q Shen, 1998. "Location characteristics of inner-city neighborhoods and employment accessibility of low-wage workers," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(3), pages 345-365, May.
- Munoz-Raskin, Ramon, 2010. "Walking accessibility to bus rapid transit: Does it affect property values? The case of Bogotá, Colombia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 72-84, March.
- Wei Luo & Fahui Wang, 2003. "Measures of spatial accessibility to health care in a GIS environment: synthesis and a case study in the Chicago region," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(6), pages 865-884, November.
- Juan Carlos Echeverry & Ana María Ibáñez & Andrés Moya & Luis Carlos Hillón, 2005.
"The Economics of Transmilenio, a Mass Transit System for Bogotá,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 151-196, January.
- Juan Carlos Echeverry & Ana María Ibáñez & Luis Carlos Hillón, 2004. "The Economics Of Transmilenio, A Mass Transit System For Bogotá," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 003586, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Mizuki Kawabata & Qing Shen, 2006. "Job accessibility as an indicator of auto-oriented urban structure: a comparison of Boston and Los Angeles with Tokyo," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(1), pages 115-130, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claire Papaix & Ariane Dupont-Kieffer, 2015. "Accessibility to work by public transit and its social distribution in Lille, France," Working Papers 1506, Chaire Economie du climat.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1069-:d:139490 is not listed on IDEAS
- Venter, Christoffel, 2016. "Assessing the potential of bus rapid transit-led network restructuring for enhancing affordable access to employment – The case of Johannesburg's Corridors of Freedom," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 441-449.
- Blanca Fernandez Milan, 2016. "How participatory planning processes for transit-oriented development contribute to social sustainability," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 6(3), pages 520-524, September.
- Adeel, Muhammad & Yeh, Anthony Gar-On & Zhang, Feng, 2016. "Transportation disadvantage and activity participation in the cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Pakistan," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-12.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:137:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1616-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Welch, Timothy F., 2013. "Equity in transport: The distribution of transit access and connectivity among affordable housing units," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 283-293.
- Muhammad Adeel & Anthony Gar-On Yeh & Feng Zhang, 2016. "Transportation disadvantage and activity participation in the cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Pakistan," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65025, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial accessibility; Bus rapid transit; Spatial equity; Santiago de Cali; Colombia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:20:y:2012:i:c:p:36-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .