Spatial access to health care in Costa Rica and its equity: a GIS-based study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erik Hansson & Mahmood Sasa & Kristoffer Mattisson & Arodys Robles & José María Gutiérrez, 2013. "Using Geographical Information Systems to Identify Populations in Need of Improved Accessibility to Antivenom Treatment for Snakebite Envenoming in Costa Rica," PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Javier Escobal & Sonia Laszlo, 2008. "Measurement Error in Access to Markets," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(2), pages 209-243, April.
- Marco Marozzi & Mario Bolzan, 2018. "An Index of Household Accessibility to Basic Services: A Study of Italian Regions," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 1237-1250, April.
- Aoun, Nael & Matsuda, Hirotaka & Sekiyama, Makiko, 2015. "Geographical accessibility to healthcare and malnutrition in Rwanda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 135-145.
- Jinxia Zhu & Qian Xu & Yi Pan & Lefeng Qiu & Yi Peng & Haijun Bao, 2018. "Land-Acquisition and Resettlement (LAR) Conflicts: A Perspective of Spatial Injustice of Urban Public Resources Allocation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-15, March.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie, 2007.
"Using Global Positioning Systems in Household Surveys for Better Economics and Better Policy,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 217-241, September.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David, 2007. "Using the global positioning system in household surveys for better economics and better policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4195, The World Bank.
- Welch, Timothy F. & Mishra, Sabyasachee, 2013. "A measure of equity for public transit connectivity," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 29-41.
- Gerson Javier Pérez Valbuena, 2013.
"Barranquilla: avances recientes en sus indicadores socioeconómicos, y logros en la accesibilidad geográfica a la red pública hospitalaria,"
Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana
185, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Gerson Javier PÃ©rez Valbuena, 2013. "Barranquilla: avances recientes en sus indicadores socioeconÃ³micos, y logros en la accesibilidad geogrÃ¡fica a la red pÃºblica hospitalaria," Documentos de Trabajo Sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 010766, Banco de la República - Economía Regional.
- Welch, Timothy F., 2013. "Equity in transport: The distribution of transit access and connectivity among affordable housing units," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 283-293.
- Yao, Jing & Murray, Alan T. & Agadjanian, Victor, 2013. "A geographical perspective on access to sexual and reproductive health care for women in rural Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 60-68.
- Jana, Arnab & Harata, Noboru, 2016. "Provisioning health care infrastructure in communities: Empirical evidences from West Bengal, India," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 37-46.
- Gerson Javier Pérez V., 2013.
"Accesibilidad geográfica y equidad en la prestación del servicio de salud: un estudio de caso para Barranquilla,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
010853, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Gerson Javier Pérez V., 2013. "Accesibilidad geográfica y equidad en la prestación del servicio de salud: un estudio de caso para Barranquilla," Borradores de Economia 770, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Kruk, Margaret Elizabeth & Freedman, Lynn P., 2008. "Assessing health system performance in developing countries: A review of the literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 263-276, March.
- Pablo Cabrera-Barona & Thomas Blaschke & Stefan Kienberger, 2017. "Explaining Accessibility and Satisfaction Related to Healthcare: A Mixed-Methods Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 719-739, September.
- Kruk, Margaret Elizabeth & Porignon, Denis & Rockers, Peter C. & Van Lerberghe, Wim, 2010. "The contribution of primary care to health and health systems in low- and middle-income countries: A critical review of major primary care initiatives," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 904-911, March.
- Páez, Antonio & Scott, Darren M. & Morency, Catherine, 2012. "Measuring accessibility: positive and normative implementations of various accessibility indicators," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 141-153.
- Corbacho, Ana & Osorio Rivas, Rene, 2012. "Travelling the Distance: A GPS-Based Study of the Access to Birth Registration Services in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3922, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ana Corbacho & Rene Osorio Rivas, 2012. "Travelling the Distance: A GPS-Based Study of the Access to Birth Registration Services in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 64458, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Neutens, Tijs, 2015. "Accessibility, equity and health care: review and research directions for transport geographers," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 14-27.
More about this item
KeywordsAccess Health services GIS Costa Rica Health reform Equity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:58:y:2004:i:7:p:1271-1284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.