How self-construal drives intention for status consumption: A moderated mediated mechanism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- El Banna, Alia & Papadopoulos, Nicolas & Murphy, Steven A. & Rod, Michel & Rojas-Méndez, José I., 2018. "Ethnic identity, consumer ethnocentrism, and purchase intentions among bi-cultural ethnic consumers: “Divided loyalties” or “dual allegiance”?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 310-319.
- Arch G. Woodside & Arnoldo R. Camacho & Lai, Wen-Hsiang, 2013. "Guest Editorial: Sense Making, Dilemmas, and Solutions in Strategic Management," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 12(2), pages 91-95, December.
- Xiao-Ping Chen & Shu Li, 2005. "Cross-national differences in cooperative decision-making in mixed-motive business contexts: the mediating effect of vertical and horizontal individualism," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(6), pages 622-636, November.
- Mazali, Rogério & Rodrigues-Neto, José A., 2013. "Dress to impress: Brands as status symbols," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 103-131.
- M. Sirgy, 1998. "Materialism and Quality of Life," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 227-260, March.
- Yinlong Zhang & L. J. Shrum, 2009. "The Influence of Self-Construal on Impulsive Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(5), pages 838-850, October.
- Mundel, Juan & Huddleston, Patricia & Vodermeier, Michael, 2017. "An exploratory study of consumersâ€™ perceptions: What are affordable luxuries?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 68-75.
- Jarvis, Cheryl Burke & MacKenzie, Scott B & Podsakoff, Philip M, 2003. "A Critical Review of Construct Indicators and Measurement Model Misspecification in Marketing and Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 199-218, September.
- Gunawan, Dedy Darsono & Huarng, Kun-Huang, 2015. "Viral effects of social network and media on consumers’ purchase intention," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2237-2241.
- Burroughs, James E & Rindfleisch, Aric, 2002. "Materialism and Well-Being: A Conflicting Values Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 348-370, December.
- Nguyen Thi Tuyet Mai & Siok Kuan Tambyah, 2011. "Antecedents and Consequences of Status Consumption among Urban Vietnamese Consumers," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 2(1).
- Jennifer Edson Escalas & James R. Bettman, 2005. "Self-Construal, Reference Groups, and Brand Meaning," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 378-389, December.
- M. Joseph Sirgy, 2018. "Self-congruity theory in consumer behavior: A little history," Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 197-207, April.
- Millan, Elena & Reynolds, Jonathan, 2014. "Self-construals, symbolic and hedonic preferences, and actual purchase behavior," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 550-560.
- Perez-Truglia, Ricardo, 2013. "A test of the conspicuous–consumption model using subjective well-being data," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 146-154.
- Sirgy, M Joseph, 1982. "Self-Concept in Consumer Behavior: A Critical Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 287-300, December.
- Aaker, Jennifer L & Lee, Angela Y, 2001. ""I" Seek Pleasures and "We" Avoid Pains: The Role of Self-Regulatory Goals in Information Processing and Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 33-49, June.
- Gil, Luciana A. & Kwon, Kyoung-Nan & Good, Linda K. & Johnson, Lester W., 2012. "Impact of self on attitudes toward luxury brands among teens," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1425-1433.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:55:y:2020:i:c:s0969698919311099. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.