It's Not Just What You Say, But How You Say It: The Effect of Language Style Matching on Perceived Quality of Consumer Reviews
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Abadie & David Drukker & Jane Leber Herr & Guido W. Imbens, 2004.
"Implementing matching estimators for average treatment effects in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 290-311, September.
- Abadie, Alberto & Drukker, David M. & Herr, Jane Leber & Imbens, Guido W., 2004. "Implementing matching estimators for average treatment effects in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 1-22.
- Cheng, Yi-Hsiu & Ho, Hui-Yi, 2015. "Social influence's impact on reader perceptions of online reviews," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 883-887.
- Purnawirawan, Nathalia & Eisend, Martin & De Pelsmacker, Patrick & Dens, Nathalie, 2015. "A Meta-analytic Investigation of the Role of Valence in Online Reviews," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 17-27.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Jan-Benedict E. M. Steenkamp & Inge Geyskens, 2014. "Manufacturer and Retailer Strategies to Impact Store Brand Share: Global Integration, Local Adaptation, and Worldwide Learning," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(1), pages 6-26, January.
- David Godes & Dina Mayzlin, 2009. "Firm-Created Word-of-Mouth Communication: Evidence from a Field Test," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(4), pages 721-739, 07-08.
- Eliana V. Jimenez-Soto & Richard P. C. Brown, 2012. "Assessing the Poverty Impacts of Migrants’ Remittances Using Propensity Score Matching: The Case of Tonga," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(282), pages 425-439, September.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2012.
"A Martingale Representation for Matching Estimators,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 107(498), pages 833-843, June.
- Abadie, Alberto & Imbens, Guido W., 2009. "A Martingale Representation for Matching Estimators," IZA Discussion Papers 4073, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alberto Abadie & Guido Imbens, 2009. "A Martingale Representation for Matching Estimators," NBER Working Papers 14756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abadie, Alberto & Imbens, Guido W., 2011.
"Bias-Corrected Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 29(1), pages 1-11.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2011. "Bias-Corrected Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Chris Forman & Anindya Ghose & Batia Wiesenfeld, 2008. "Examining the Relationship Between Reviews and Sales: The Role of Reviewer Identity Disclosure in Electronic Markets," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 291-313, September.
- Pan, Yue & Zhang, Jason Q., 2011. "Born Unequal: A Study of the Helpfulness of User-Generated Product Reviews," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 598-612.
- Olivier Toubia & Andrew T. Stephen, 2013. "Intrinsic vs. Image-Related Utility in Social Media: Why Do People Contribute Content to Twitter?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 368-392, May.
- Oded Netzer & Ronen Feldman & Jacob Goldenberg & Moshe Fresko, 2012. "Mine Your Own Business: Market-Structure Surveillance Through Text Mining," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 521-543, May.
- David Godes & Dina Mayzlin, 2004. "Using Online Conversations to Study Word-of-Mouth Communication," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 545-560, June.
- Joachim Büschken & Greg M. Allenby, 2016. "Sentence-Based Text Analysis for Customer Reviews," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(6), pages 953-975, November.
- Janiszewski, Chris & Meyvis, Tom, 2001. " Effects of Brand Logo Complexity, Repetition, and Spacing on Processing Fluency and Judgment," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 18-32, June.
- Shyam Gopinath & Jacquelyn S. Thomas & Lakshman Krishnamurthi, 2014. "Investigating the Relationship Between the Content of Online Word of Mouth, Advertising, and Brand Performance," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(2), pages 241-258, March.
- David Godes & José C. Silva, 2012. "Sequential and Temporal Dynamics of Online Opinion," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 448-473, May.
More about this item
KeywordsOnline consumer reviews; Review quality; Review helpfulness; Language style matching;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joinma:v:46:y:2019:i:c:p:70-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-interactive-marketing/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.