The somatic marker framework as a neurological theory of decision-making: Review, conceptual comparisons, and future neuroeconomics research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Knutson, Brian & Wimmer, G. Elliott & Kuhnen, Camelia & Winkielman, Piotr, 2008. "Nucleus accumbens activation mediates the influence of reward cues on financial risk-taking," MPRA Paper 8013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hansen, Flemming, 2005. "Distinguishing between feelings and emotions in understanding communication effects," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1426-1436, October.
- Bechara, Antoine & Damasio, Antonio R., 2005. "The somatic marker hypothesis: A neural theory of economic decision," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 336-372, August.
- Camelia Kuhnen & Brian Knutson, 2005. "The Neural Basis of Financial Risk Taking," Experimental 0509001, EconWPA.
- Baba Shiv & Antoine Bechara & Irwin Levin & Joseph Alba & James Bettman & Laurette Dube & Alice Isen & Barbara Mellers & Ale Smidts & Susan Grant & A. Mcgraw, 2005. "Decision Neuroscience," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 375-386, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Witt, Ulrich & Binder, Martin, 2013.
"Disentangling motivational and experiential aspects of “utility” – A neuroeconomics perspective,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 27-40.
- Ulrich Witt & Martin Binder, 2011. "Disentangling Motivational and Experiential Aspects of "Utility" - A Neuroeconomics Perspective," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2011-20, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Berčík, Jakub & Horská, Elena & Wang, W.Y. Regina & Chen, Ying-Chun, 2015. "How can food retailing benefit from neuromarketing research: a case of various parameters of store illumination and consumer response," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202714, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Solnais, Céline & Andreu-Perez, Javier & Sánchez-Fernández, Juan & Andréu-Abela, Jaime, 2013. "The contribution of neuroscience to consumer research: A conceptual framework and empirical review," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 68-81.
- Martin Reimann & Raquel Castaño & Judith Zaichkowsky & Antoine Bechara, 2012. "Novel versus familiar brands: An analysis of neurophysiology, response latency, and choice," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 745-759, September.
- Sebastian Lehmann & Martin Reimann, 2012. "The influence of time and money on product evaluations - a neurophysiological analysis," FEMM Working Papers 120011, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Lucarelli, Caterina & Uberti, Pierpaolo & Brighetti, Gianni & Maggi, Mario, 2015. "Risky choices and emotion-based learning," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 59-73.
More about this item
KeywordsSomatic marker hypothesis Iowa Gambling Task Neuroeconomics Emotion Decision-making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:31:y:2010:i:5:p:767-776. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .