Nucleus accumbens activation mediates the influence of reward cues on financial risk-taking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Camelia Kuhnen & Brian Knutson, 2005. "The Neural Basis of Financial Risk Taking," Experimental 0509001, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Bucciol & Luca Zarri, 2013. "Financial Risk Aversion and Personal Life History," Working Papers 05/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Necker, Sarah & Ziegelmeyer, Michael, 2016.
"Household risk taking after the financial crisis,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 141-160.
- Sarah Necker & Michael Ziegelmeyer, 2014. "Household Risk Taking after the Financial Crisis," BCL working papers 85, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Necker, Sarah & Ziegelmeyer, Michael, 2014. "Household Risk Taking after the Financial Crisis," MEA discussion paper series 201402, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Zak, Paul J., 2011. "The physiology of moral sentiments," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 53-65, January.
- Richard Freeman, 2011. "New Roles for Unions and Collective Bargaining Post the Implosion of Wall Street Capitalism," Chapters,in: The Role of Collective Bargaining in the Global Economy, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3058-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bonnier, Evelina & Dreber, Anna & Hederos, Karin & Sandberg, Anna, 2018. "Undressed for Success? The Effects of Half-Naked Women on Economic Behavior," Working Paper Series 6/2018, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:128:y:2018:i:3:p:403-421 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luigi Zingales, 2009. "The Future of Securities Regulation," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 391-425, May.
- Kaustia, Markku & Rantapuska, Elias, 2016. "Does mood affect trading behavior?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-26.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2013. "Time Varying Risk Aversion," EIEF Working Papers Series 1322, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Sep 2013.
- Kuhnen, Camelia M. & Knutson, Brian, 2011.
"The Influence of Affect on Beliefs, Preferences, and Financial Decisions,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(03), pages 605-626, June.
- Kuhnen, Camelia & Knutson, Brian, 2008. "The Influence of Affect on Beliefs, Preferences and Financial Decisions," MPRA Paper 10410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jahedi, Salar & Deck, Cary & Ariely, Dan, 2017. "Arousal and economic decision making," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 165-189.
- Angela A. Stanton & Isabell M. Welpe, 2010. "Risk and Ambiguity: Entrepreneurial Research from the Perspective of Economics," Chapters,in: Neuroeconomics and the Firm, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hytönen, Kaisa & Baltussen, Guido & van den Assem, Martijn J. & Klucharev, Vasily & Sanfey, Alan G. & Smidts, Ale, 2014. "Path dependence in risky choice: Affective and deliberative processes in brain and behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 107(PB), pages 566-581.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:128:y:2018:i:3:p:504-534 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reimann, Martin & Bechara, Antoine, 2010. "The somatic marker framework as a neurological theory of decision-making: Review, conceptual comparisons, and future neuroeconomics research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 767-776, October.
- Cary Frydman & Nicholas Barberis & Colin Camerer & Peter Bossaerts & Antonio Rangel, 2012. "Using Neural Data to Test a Theory of Investor Behavior: An Application to Realization Utility," NBER Working Papers 18562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:mea:meawpa:14279 is not listed on IDEAS
- Halko, Marja Liisa & Kaustia, Markku, 2012. "Are risk preferences dynamic? Within-subject variation in risk-taking as a function of background music," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
More about this item
Keywordsneuroeconomics; neurofinance; brain; financial risk taking; risk preferences; decision making; nucleus accumbens; striatum; reward cues; FMRI; brain imaging;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2008-04-15 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-EXP-2008-04-15 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2008-04-15 (Neuroeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2008-04-15 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .