What individual investors value: Some Australian evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schlarbaum, Gary G & Lewellen, Wilbur G & Lease, Ronald C, 1978. "Realized Returns on Common Stock Investments: The Experience of Individual Investors," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 299-325, April.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Lewellen, Wilbur G & Lease, Ronald C & Schlarbaum, Gary G, 1977. "Patterns of Investment Strategy and Behavior among Individual Investors," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(3), pages 296-333, July.
- Green, Paul E & Srinivasan, V, 1978. " Conjoint Analysis in Consumer Research: Issues and Outlook," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 103-123, Se.
- Antonides, Gerrit & Van Der Sar, Nico L., 1990. "Individual expectations, risk perception and preferences in relation to investment decision making," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 227-245, June.
- Ryan, Lori Verstegen & Buchholtz, Ann K., 2001. "Trust, Risk, and Shareholder Decision Making: An Investor Perspective on Corporate Governance," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 177-193, January.
- Baker, H Kent & Haslem, John A, 1974. "Toward the Development of Client-Specified Valuation Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1255-1263, September.
- Shefrin, Hersh & Statman, Meir, 1985. " The Disposition to Sell Winners Too Early and Ride Losers Too Long: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 777-790, July.
- Green, Paul E & Maheshwari, Arun, 1969. "Common Stock Perception and Preference: An Application of Multidimensional Scaling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(4), pages 439-457, October.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272.
- Thaler, Richard, 1980. "Toward a positive theory of consumer choice," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 39-60, March.
- Lease, Ronald C & Lewellen, Wilbur G & Schlarbaum, Gary G, 1974. "The Individual Investor: Attributes and Attitudes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 413-433, May.
- Baker, H. Kent & Haslem, John A., 1974. "The impact of investor socioeconomic characteristics on risk and return preferences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 469-476, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Su (Sally) Gan & Richard Heaney & Paul Gerrans, 2015. "Individual investor portfolio performance in retirement savings accounts," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(4), pages 652-671, November.
- Tom Van Caneghem & Walter Aerts, 2011. "Intra-industry conformity in dividend policy," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(6), pages 492-516, May.
- Aerts, Walter & Campenhout, Geert Van & Caneghem, Tom Van, 2008. "Clustering in dividends: Do managers rely on cognitive reference points?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 276-284, June.
- Qureshi, Salman Ali & Rehman, Kashif ur & Hunjra, Ahmed Imran, 2012. "Factors Affecting Investment Decision Making of Equity Fund Managers," MPRA Paper 60783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loock, Moritz, 2012. "Going beyond best technology and lowest price: on renewable energy investors’ preference for service-driven business models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 21-27.
- Keller, Carmen & Siegrist, Michael, 2006. "Investing in stocks: The influence of financial risk attitude and values-related money and stock market attitudes," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 285-303, April.
- Kourtidis, Dimitrios & Šević, Željko & Chatzoglou, Prodromos, 2011. "Investors’ trading activity: A behavioural perspective and empirical results," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 548-557.
- Aspara, Jaakko & Chakravarti, Amitav, 2015. "Investors’ reactions to company advertisements: the persuasive effect of product-featuring ads," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64130, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:spr:busres:v:10:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40685-016-0040-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ann Yang, 2013. "Decision Making for Individual Investors: A Measurement of Latent Difficulties," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 303-329, December.
- Éric Barquissau & Nathalie Darras-Barquissau, 2017. "Les forums d'actionnaires individuels : un outil de réduction du risque ?," Post-Print hal-01655914, HAL.
- Olsen, Robert A., 2008. "Trust as risk and the foundation of investment value," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2189-2200, December.
- André Schmidt, 2017. "Determinants of Corporate Voting – Evidence from a Large Survey of German Retail Investors," Schmalenbach Business Review, Springer;Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, vol. 18(1), pages 71-103, February.
- P. Van Cauwenberge & I. De Beelde, 2006. "Does The Comprehensive Income Matrix Make Unsophisticated Users Overemphasise Fair Value Income?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/400, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Lüthi, Sonja & Wüstenhagen, Rolf, 2012. "The price of policy risk — Empirical insights from choice experiments with European photovoltaic project developers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1001-1011.
- Salm, Sarah & Hille, Stefanie Lena & Wüstenhagen, Rolf, 2016. "What are retail investors' risk-return preferences towards renewable energy projects? A choice experiment in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 310-320.
- Aspara, Jaakko & Chakravarti, Amitav & Hoffmann, Arvid O. I., 2015. "Focal versus background goals in consumer financial decision-making," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64129, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lüthi, Sonja & Prässler, Thomas, 2011. "Analyzing policy support instruments and regulatory risk factors for wind energy deployment--A developers' perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4876-4892, September.
- repec:eee:soceco:v:68:y:2017:i:c:p:97-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diacon, Stephen & Hasseldine, John, 2007. "Framing effects and risk perception: The effect of prior performance presentation format on investment fund choice," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 31-52, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:25:y:2004:i:4:p:539-555. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.