Overclaiming as a measure of faking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Fandt, Patricia M. & Ferris, Gerald R., 1990. "The management of information and impressions: When employees behave opportunistically," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 140-158, February.
- Hough, Leaetta M. & Oswald, Frederick L., 2008. "Personality Testing and Industrial–Organizational Psychology: Reflections, Progress, and Prospects," Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 272-290, September.
- Griffith, Richard L. & Peterson, Mitchell H., 2008. "The Failure of Social Desirability Measures to Capture Applicant Faking Behavior," Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 308-311, September.
- Davison, H. Kristl & Bing, Mark N., 2009. "Content Validity Does Matter for the Criterion-Related Validity of Personality Tests," Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 501-503, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sweldens, Steven & Puntoni, Stefano & Paolacci, Gabriele & Vissers, Maarten, 2014. "The bias in the bias: Comparative optimism as a function of event social undesirability," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 229-244.
More about this item
KeywordsSocially desirable responding Response distortion Impression management Self-deception Test faking Test validity Personality measurement Suppression effect Overclaiming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:116:y:2011:i:1:p:148-162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .