Dependence structure of conditional Archimedean copulas
In this article, copulas associated to multivariate conditional distributions in an Archimedean model are characterized. It is shown that this popular class of dependence structures is closed under the operation of conditioning, but that the associated conditional copula has a different analytical form in general. It is also demonstrated that the extremal copula for conditional Archimedean distributions is no longer the Frechet upper bound, but rather a member of the Clayton family. Properties of these conditional distributions as well as conditional versions of tail dependence indices are also considered.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manatunga, Amita K. & Oakes, David, 1996. "A Measure of Association for Bivariate Frailty Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 60-74, January.
- Nelsen, Roger B., 1997. "Dependence and Order in Families of Archimedean Copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-122, January.
- Christian Genest & Jean-François Quessy & Bruno Rémillard, 2006. "Goodness-of-fit Procedures for Copula Models Based on the Probability Integral Transformation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 337-366.
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2005.
"Archimedean copulæ and positive dependence,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 434-445, April.
- Alfred Müller & Marco Scarsini, 2003. "Archimedean Copulae and Positive Dependence," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 25-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Marco Scarsini & Alfred Muller, 2005. "Archimedean copulae and positive dependence," Post-Print hal-00539618, HAL.
- U. Cherubini & E. Luciano, 2002. "Bivariate option pricing with copulas," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 69-85.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2002. "Use of Archimedean Copulas to Model Portfolio Allocations, The," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5223, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fermanian, Jean-David, 2005. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 119-152, July.
- Patricia Mariela Morillas, 2005. "A method to obtain new copulas from a given one," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 169-184, 04. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)