The Probability Content of Cones in Isotropic Random Fields
This paper provides computable representations for the evaluation of the probability content of cones in isotropic random fields. A decomposition of quadratic forms in spherically symmetric random vectors is obtained and a representation of their moments is derived in terms of finite sums. These results are combined to obtain the distribution function of quadratic forms in spherically symmetric or central elliptically contoured random vectors. Some numerical examples involving the sample serial covariance are provided. Ratios of quadratic forms are also discussed.
Volume (Year): 66 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1990.
"Robust Bayesian inference in elliptical regression models,"
1990-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1993. "Robust bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 345-363.
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M., 1990. "Robust Bayesian Inference In Elliptical Regression Models," Papers 9032, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- OSIEWALSKI, Jacek, . "Robust Bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1047, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Cambanis, Stamatis & Huang, Steel & Simons, Gordon, 1981. "On the theory of elliptically contoured distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 368-385, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:66:y:1998:i:2:p:237-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.