The Probability Content of Cones in Isotropic Random Fields
This paper provides computable representations for the evaluation of the probability content of cones in isotropic random fields. A decomposition of quadratic forms in spherically symmetric random vectors is obtained and a representation of their moments is derived in terms of finite sums. These results are combined to obtain the distribution function of quadratic forms in spherically symmetric or central elliptically contoured random vectors. Some numerical examples involving the sample serial covariance are provided. Ratios of quadratic forms are also discussed.
Volume (Year): 66 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1993.
"Robust bayesian inference in elliptical regression models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 345-363.
- OSIEWALSKI, Jacek, "undated". "Robust Bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1047, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1990. "Robust Bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," Discussion Paper 1990-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M., 1990. "Robust Bayesian Inference In Elliptical Regression Models," Papers 9032, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Cambanis, Stamatis & Huang, Steel & Simons, Gordon, 1981. "On the theory of elliptically contoured distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 368-385, September.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:66:y:1998:i:2:p:237-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.