The yen and Japanese manufacturing employment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marston, Richard C., 1990. "Pricing to market in Japanese manufacturing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 217-236, November.
- Richard C. Marston, 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," NBER Working Papers 5518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996. "Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
- Burgess, Simon M & Knetter, Michael M, 1998.
"An International Comparison of Employment Adjustment to Exchange Rate Fluctuations,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 151-163, February.
- Simon Burgess & Michael M. Knetter, 1996. "An International Comparison of Employment Adjustment to Exchange Rate Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 5861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nickell, S J, 1978. "Fixed Costs, Employment and Labour Demand over the Cycle," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(180), pages 329-345, November.
- Campa, Jose & Goldberg, Linda S., 1995.
"Investment in manufacturing, exchange rates and external exposure,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 297-320, May.
- Goldberg, L.S. & Campa, J., 1993. "Investment in Manufacturing, Exchange-Rate and External Exposure," Working Papers 93-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jose Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1993. "Investment in Manufacturing, Exchange-Rates and External Exposure," NBER Working Papers 4378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marston, R.C., 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," Weiss Center Working Papers 96-3, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Goldberg, Linda S, 1993. "Exchange Rates and Investment in United States Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 575-588, November.
- Feinberg, Robert M, 1989. "The Effects of Foreign Exchange Movements on U.S. Domestic Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 505-511, August.
- Brunello, Giorgio, 1990. "Real exchange rate variability and Japanese industrial employment," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 121-138, June.
- Bronars, Stephen G & Deere, Donald R, 1993. "Union Organizing Activity, Firm Growth, and the Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 203-220, March.
- Jose Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1997. "The Evolving External Orientation of Manufacturing Industries: Evidence from Four Countries," NBER Working Papers 5919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana L. Revenga, 1992. "Exporting Jobs?The Impact of Import Competition on Employment and Wages in U. S. Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 255-284.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1986. "Prices, profit margins, and exchange rates," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jun, pages 366-379.
- Phillip Swagel, 1995. "Import prices and the competing goods effect," International Finance Discussion Papers 508, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriel Bruneau & Kevin Moran, 2017.
"Exchange rate fluctuations and labour market adjustments in Canadian manufacturing industries,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 50(1), pages 72-93, February.
- Gabriel Bruneau & Kevin Moran, 2012. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Labour Market Adjustments in Canadian Manufacturing Industries," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-19, CIRANO.
- Gabriel Bruneau & Kevin Moran, 2015. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Labour Market Adjustments in Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Staff Working Papers 15-45, Bank of Canada.
- Gabriel Bruneau & Kevin Moran, 2012. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Labour Market Adjustments in Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Cahiers de recherche 1227, CIRPEE.
- Stewart Ngandu, 2008. "Exchange Rates And Employment," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(s2), pages 205-221, August.
- Tomiura, Eiichi, 2003.
"The impact of import competition on Japanese manufacturing employment,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 118-133, June.
- Eiichi Tomiura, 2001. "The Impact of Import Competition on Japanese Manufacturing Employment," Discussion Paper Series 120, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- YOKOYAMA Izumi & HIGA Kazuhito & KAWAGUCHI Daiji, 2015. "The Effect of Exchange Rate Fluctuations on Employment in a Segmented Labor Market," Discussion papers 15139, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Alpay Filiztekin, 2005. "Exchange rates and employment in Turkish manufacturing," International Finance 0501004, EconWPA.
- Shumskaya Svetlana S., 2013. "Empiric Assessment of Secondary Effects of Influence of the UAH Exchange Rate Upon Indicators of the Labour Market of Ukraine," Business Inform, RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT PROBLEMS of NAS (KHARKIV, UKRAINE), Kharkiv National University of Economics, issue 4, pages 303-311.
- Hua, Ping, 2007. "Real exchange rate and manufacturing employment in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 335-353.
- Ping HUA, 2005. "Real exchange rate and employment in the manufacturing sector in China," Working Papers 200528, CERDI.
- Danny Leung & Terence Yuen, 2010.
"Do exchange rates affect the capital-labour ratio? Panel evidence from Canadian manufacturing industries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(20), pages 2519-2535.
- Danny Leung & Terence Yuen, 2005. "Do Exchange Rates Affect the Capital-Labour Ratio? Panel Evidence from Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Staff Working Papers 05-12, Bank of Canada.
- Risheng Mao & John Whalley, 2011. "Ownership Characteristics, Real Exchange Rate Movements and Labor Market Adjustment in China," NBER Working Papers 17565, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mourad Zmami & Ousama Ben-Salha, 2015. "Exchange rate movements and manufacturing employment in Tunisia: Do different categories of firms react similarly?," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 137-167, May.
- Hitoshi Sasaki, 2007. "Import Competition and Manufacturing Employment in Japan," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 07-E-25, Bank of Japan.
- Izumi Yokoyama & Kazuhito Higa & Daiji Kawaguchi, 2018. "Adjustments of regular and non-regular workers to exogenous shocks: Evidence from exchange rate fluctuation," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 18-E-2, Bank of Japan.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Manuchehr Irandoust, 2006. "The response of industry employment to exchange rate shocks: evidence from panel cointegration," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 415-421.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:17:y:1998:i:5:p:785-801. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.