Common volatility in the industrial structure of global capital markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 241-256, June.
- Hilliard, Jimmy E, 1979. "The Relationship between Equity Indices on World Exchanges," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 103-114, March.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993. "Testing for Common Features," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 369-380, October.
- Barclay, Michael J & Litzenberger, Robert H & Warner, Jerold B, 1990. "Private Information, Trading Volume, and Stock-Return Variances," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 233-253.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John, 1993. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from the pre- and post-October 1987 period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 193-208, February.
- Ripley, Duncan M, 1973. "Systematic Elements in the Linkage of National Stock Market Indices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(3), pages 356-361, August.
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993. "Testing for Common Features: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 393-395, October.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Heston, Steven L. & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 1994. "Does industrial structure explain the benefits of international diversification?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-27, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hecq Alain & Palm Franz C. & Laurent Sébastien, 2016.
"On the Univariate Representation of BEKK Models with Common Factors,"
Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 91-113, July.
- Hecq, A.W. & Palm, F.C. & Laurent, S.F.J.A., 2012. "On the univariate representation of BEKK models with common factors," Research Memorandum 018, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Alain Hecq & Franz C. Palm & Sébastien Laurent, 2016. "On the Univariate Representation of BEKK Models with Common Factors," Post-Print hal-01440307, HAL.
- Ehling, Paul & Ramos, Sofia B., 2006.
"Geographic versus industry diversification: Constraints matter,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 396-416, October.
- Paul EHLING & Sofia B. RAMOS, 2004. "Geographic Versus Industry Diversification: Contraints Matter," FAME Research Paper Series rp113, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Ehling, Paul & Ramos, Sofia Brito, 2005. "Geographic versus industry diversification: constraints matter," Working Paper Series 425, European Central Bank.
- Hai-Chin YU & Ming-Chang Huang, 2003. "Statistical properties of volatility in fractal dimension and probability distribution among six stock markets - USA, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong," Econometrics 0308002, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Aug 2003.
- Francesca Carrieri & Vihang Errunza & Sergei Sarkissian, 2012.
"The Dynamics of Geographic versus Sectoral Diversification: Is There a Link to the Real Economy?,"
Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(04), pages 1-41.
- Carrieri, Francesca & Errunza, Vihang & Sarkissian, Sergei, 2006. "The Dynamics of Geographic versus Sectoral Diversification: Is There a Link to the Real Economy?," Working Papers 06-4, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Smith, Kenneth L. & Swanson, Peggy E., 2008. "The dynamics among G7 government bond and equity markets and the implications for international capital market diversification," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 222-245, June.
- Swanson, Peggy E., 2003. "The interrelatedness of global equity markets, money markets, and foreign exchange markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 135-155.
- Chen, Cathy W. S. & Chiang, Thomas C. & So, Mike K. P., 2003. "Asymmetrical reaction to US stock-return news: evidence from major stock markets based on a double-threshold model," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(5-6), pages 487-502.
- Tse, Yiuman, 1998. "International transmission of information: evidence from the Euroyen and Eurodollar futures markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 909-929, December.
- Kevin Aretz & Peter F. Pope, 2013. "Common Factors in Default Risk Across Countries and Industries," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 19(1), pages 108-152, January.
- Jian Yang & James Kolari & Guozhong Zhu, 2005. "European public real estate market integration," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(13), pages 895-905.
- Bernard Ben Sita, 2013. "Volatility links between US industries," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(15), pages 1273-1286, August.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Stephen K. Pollard, 2008.
"Dynamic Stock Market Interactions between the Canadian, Mexican, and the United States Markets: The NAFTA Experience,"
2008-49, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Stephen K. Pollard, 2009. "Dynamic Stock Market Interactions between the Canadian, Mexican, and the United States Markets: The NAFTA Experience," Working Papers 0905, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Xing, Xuejing, 2004. "A note on the time-series relationship between market industry concentration and market volatility," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 105-115, April.
- Francesca Carrieri & Vihang Errunza & Sergei Sarkissian, 2004. "Industry Risk and Market Integration," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 207-221, February.
- Ciner, Cetin, 2006. "A further look at linkages between NAFTA equity markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 338-352, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:16:y:1997:i:2:p:189-209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.