Estimating the Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: A Comparison of Traditional and Lorenz-Concentration Curve Methodologies
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1977. "On the estimation of Engel elasticities from grouped observations with application to Indonesian data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-19, July.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1988. "An econometric model of housing price, permanent income, tenure choice, and housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 327-353, May.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1978. "A new method of estimating Engel elasticities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 103-110, August.
- Mayo, Stephen K., 1981. "Theory and estimation in the economics of housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 95-116, July.
- Harmon, Oskar R., 1988. "The income elasticity of demand for single-family owner-occupied housing: An empirical reconciliation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 173-185, September.
- Chou, W L & Shih, Y C, 1995. "Hong Kong Housing Markets: Overview, Tenure Choice, and Housing Demand," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 7-21, January.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1990. "Demographics of individual housing demand," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 83-102, June.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 1984. "Property taxation and the demand for housing: An econometric analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 208-224, September.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal & John V. Duca & Stuart A. Gabriel, 1987.
"Credit rationing and the demand for owner-occupied housing,"
Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section
79, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Duca, John V. & Gabriel, Stuart A., 1991. "Credit rationing and the demand for owner-occupied housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 48-63, July.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Kawai, Masahiro, 1986. "Functional form, sample selection, and housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 155-167, September.
- William H. Hoyt & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 1989.
"Capital gains taxation and the demand for owner-occupied housing,"
Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section
92, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hoyt, William H & Rosenthal, Stuart S, 1990. "Capital Gains Taxation and the Demand for Owner-Occupied Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 45-54, February.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Trost, Robert P., 1978. "Estimation of some limited dependent variable models with application to housing demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 357-382, December.
- Gillingham, Robert & Hagemann, Robert, 1983. "Cross-sectional estimation of a simultaneous model of tenure choice and housing services demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 16-39, July.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ionnides, Yannis M, 1986. "Tenure Choice and the Demand for Housing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(210), pages 231-46, May.
- Tran-Nam, Binh & Podder, Nripesh, 1992. "On the Estimation of Total Expenditure Elasticities from Derived Engel Functions with Applications to Australian Micro-Data," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(201), pages 142-50, June.
- Polinsky, A Mitchell, 1977. "The Demand for Housing: A Study in Specification and Grouping," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(2), pages 447-61, March.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1996. "The Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: Evidence from Concentration Curves," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 173-192, March.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith Ray, 1981. "An empirical investigation of alternative approaches to estimating the equilibrium demand for housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 97-105, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:7:y:1998:i:4:p:328-342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.