Searching for Basic Consumption Patterns Is the Engel Elasticity of Housing Unity?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jørgen Aasness & Erling Røed Larsen, 2002. "Distributional and Environmental Effects of Taxes on Transportation," Discussion Papers 321, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1998. "Estimating the Demand for Housing, Land, and Neighbourhood Characteristics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 357-382, August.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1998. "Estimating the Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: A Comparison of Traditional and Lorenz-Concentration Curve Methodologies," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 328-342, December.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1996. "The Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: Evidence from Concentration Curves," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 173-192, March.
- Hansson Brusewitz, Urban, 1998. "Self-Selectivity and Kinked Budget Constraints: The Demand for Housing in Sweden," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 243-273, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erling Røed Larsen, 2007. "Does the CPI Mirror the Cost of Living? Engel's Law Suggests Not in Norway," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(1), pages 177-195, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBudget share; consumption pattern; demand for housing; Engel elasticity;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .