Searching for Basic Consumption Patterns Is the Engel Elasticity of Housing Unity?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1998. "Estimating the Demand for Housing, Land, and Neighbourhood Characteristics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 357-382, August.
- Hansson Brusewitz, Urban, 1998. "Self-Selectivity and Kinked Budget Constraints: The Demand for Housing in Sweden," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 243-273, September.
- Jørgen Aasness & Erling Røed Larsen, 2002. "Distributional and Environmental Effects of Taxes on Transportation," Discussion Papers 321, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1998. "Estimating the Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: A Comparison of Traditional and Lorenz-Concentration Curve Methodologies," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 328-342, December.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1996. "The Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: Evidence from Concentration Curves," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 173-192, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erling Røed Larsen, 2007. "Does the CPI Mirror the Cost of Living? Engel's Law Suggests Not in Norway," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(1), pages 177-195, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBudget share; consumption pattern; demand for housing; Engel elasticity;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.