Owning, letting and demanding second homes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dixie M. Blackley & James R. Follain & Haeduck Lee, 1986. "An Evaluation of Hedonic Price Indexes for Thirty-four Large SMSAs," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(2), pages 179-205.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_701_0157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fair, Ray C, 1978. "A Theory of Extramarital Affairs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Gijsbert Hoogendoorn & Gustav Visser, 2010. "The role of second homes in local economic development in five small South African towns," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4), pages 547-562.
- Malpezzi, Stephen & Mayo, Stephen K, 1987. "The Demand for Housing in Developing Countries: Empirical Estimates from Household Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(4), pages 687-721, July.
- Emilio Torres & J. Santos Domínguez-Menchero, 2006. "The impact of second homes on local taxes," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 27(2), pages 231-250, June.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1990. "Demographics of individual housing demand," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 83-102, June.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1998. "Estimating the Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: A Comparison of Traditional and Lorenz-Concentration Curve Methodologies," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 328-342, December.
- Mayo, Stephen K., 1981. "Theory and estimation in the economics of housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 95-116, July.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1996. "The Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: Evidence from Concentration Curves," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 173-192, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marianna Brunetti & Costanza Torricelli, 2012.
"Second Homes: Households' Life Dream or (Wrong) Investment?,"
CEIS Research Paper
351, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 04 Aug 2012.
- Marianna Brunetti & Costanza Torricelli, 2015. "Second homes: households' life dream or (wrong) investment?," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 15105, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
More about this item
KeywordsSecond home; Homeownership; Letting; Income elasticity; Denmark;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2014_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okioudk.html .