Capital Gains Taxation and the Demand for Owner-Occupied Housing
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 72 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journal-home.tcl?issn=00346535|
Other versions of this item:
- William H. Hoyt & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 1989. "Capital gains taxation and the demand for owner-occupied housing," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 92, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ulrich van Suntum, "undated". "Optimal Consumption and Taxation of Housing - A Life Cycle Approach," Working Papers 200125, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Amelia M. Biehl & William H. Hoyt, 2014.
"The Taxpayer Relief Act Of 1997 And Homeownership: Is Smaller Now Better?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 646-658, 04.
- Amelia M. Biehl & William Hoyt, 2009. "The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 and Homeownership: Is Smaller Now Better?," Working Papers 2009-04, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Shan, Hui, 2011. "The effect of capital gains taxation on home sales: Evidence from the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 177-188.
- Shan, Hui, 2011. "The effect of capital gains taxation on home sales: Evidence from the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1-2), pages 177-188, February.
- Hui Shan, 2008. "The effect of capital gains taxation on home sales: evidence from the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Han, Lu, 2008. "Hedging house price risk in the presence of lumpy transaction costs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 270-287, September.
- Barrios García, Javier A. & Rodríguez Hernández, José E., 2008. "Housing demand in Spain according to dwelling type: Microeconometric evidence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 363-377, July.
- Han, Lu & Strange, William C., 2016. "What is the role of the asking price for a house?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 115-130.
- Seko, Miki, 2002. "Nonlinear budget constraints and estimation: effects of subsidized home loans on floor space decisions in Japan," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 280-299, September.
- Jepsen, Christopher & Jepsen, Lisa K., 2009. "Does home ownership vary by sexual orientation?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 307-315, May.
- Christopher Jepsen & Lisa K. Jepsen, 2009. "Does home ownership vary by sexual orientation?," Open Access publications 10197/4437, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2014. "Are Private Markets and Filtering a Viable Source of Low-Income Housing? Estimates from a "Repeat Income" Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(2), pages 687-706, February.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1998. "Estimating the Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: A Comparison of Traditional and Lorenz-Concentration Curve Methodologies," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 328-342, December.
- Joseph Nichols, 2004. "A Life-cycle Model with Housing, Portfolio Allocation, and Mortgage Financing," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 205, Econometric Society.
- Stephen M. Calabrese & Dennis N. Epple & Richard E. Romano, 2012. "Inefficiencies from Metropolitan Political and Fiscal Decentralization: Failures of Tiebout Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1081-1111.
- Stephen Calabrese & Dennis N. Epple & Richard Romano, 2011. "Inefficiencies from Metropolitan Political and Fiscal Decentralization: Failures of Tiebout Competition," NBER Working Papers 17251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forgionne, G. A., 1996. "Forecasting army housing supply with a DSS-delivered econometric model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 561-576, October.
- Cunningham, Christopher R. & Engelhardt, Gary V., 2008. "Housing capital-gains taxation and homeowner mobility: Evidence from the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 803-815, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:72:y:1990:i:1:p:45-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed