A systematic review of urban agriculture and food security impacts in low-income countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Courtney Gallaher & John Kerr & Mary Njenga & Nancy Karanja & Antoinette WinklerPrins, 2013. "Urban agriculture, social capital, and food security in the Kibera slums of Nairobi, Kenya," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, September.
- Maxwell, Daniel G., 1995. "Alternative food security strategy: A household analysis of urban agriculture in Kampala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1669-1681, October.
- World Bank, 2011. "Swaziland : Country Integrated Fiduciary Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12672, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2011. "Jamaica - Country Economic Memorandum : Unlocking Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2756, The World Bank.
- Zezza, Alberto & Tasciotti, Luca, 2010. "Urban agriculture, poverty, and food security: Empirical evidence from a sample of developing countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 265-273, August.
- World Bank, 2011. "The Gambia Education Country Status Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2799, The World Bank.
- Lire Ersado, 2005. "Income diversification before and after economic shocks: evidence from urban and rural Zimbabwe," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 27-45.
- AfDB AfDB, . "2010 - Algeria - Country Profils," Country Brochure, African Development Bank, number 119.
- Warren, Emily & Hawkesworth, Sophie & Knai, Cécile, 2015. "Investigating the association between urban agriculture and food security, dietary diversity, and nutritional status: A systematic literature review," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 54-66.
- World Bank, 2011. "Lebanon : Country Environmental Analysis," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2757, The World Bank.
- Alberto Zezza & Benjamin Davis & Carlo Azzarri & Katia Covarrubias & Luca Tasciotti & Gustavo Anriquez, 2008.
"The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor,"
08-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Zezza, Alberto & Davis, Benjamin & Azzarri, Carlo & Covarrubias, Katia & Tasciotti, Luca & Anriquez, Gustavo, 2009. "The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51696, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Independent Evaluation Group, 2011. "Mozambique Country Program Evaluation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22738.
- Nigel Webb, 2011. "When is enough, enough? Advocacy, evidence and criticism in the field of urban agriculture in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 195-208.
- Oecd, 2011. "Country notes," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 69-213.
- Gockowski, James & Mbazo'o, Julie & Mbah, Glory & Fouda Moulende, Terese, 2003. "African traditional leafy vegetables and the urban and peri-urban poor," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 221-235, June.
- Sarah Taylor Lovell, 2010. "Multifunctional Urban Agriculture for Sustainable Land Use Planning in the United States," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(8), pages 1-24, August.
- World Bank, 2011. "Azerbaijan : Country Environmental Analysis," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12496, The World Bank.
- Maxwell, Daniel & Caldwell, Richard & Langworthy, Mark, 2008. "Measuring food insecurity: Can an indicator based on localized coping behaviors be used to compare across contexts?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 533-540, December.
- Laura Saldivar-tanaka & Marianne Krasny, 2004. "Culturing community development, neighborhood open space, and civic agriculture: The case of Latino community gardens in New York City," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 21(4), pages 399-412, January.
- Ellis, Frank & Sumberg, James, 1998. "Food production, urban areas and policy responses," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 213-225, February.
- Jonathan Crush & Alice Hovorka & Daniel Tevera, 2011. "Food security in Southern African cities," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 11(4), pages 285-305, July.
- David D. Mkwambisi & Evan D. G. Fraser & Andy J. Dougill, 2011. "Urban agriculture and poverty reduction: Evaluating how food production in cities contributes to food security, employment and income in Malawi," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 181-203, March.
- World Bank, 2011. "Uzbekistan - Country Integrated Fiduciary Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12557, The World Bank.
- Independent Evaluation Group, 2011. "Timor-Leste Country Program Evaluation, 2000-2010," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22736.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wood, Douglas Kuflick Benjamin & Vasquez, Maria, 2017. "Microplots and food security: Encouraging replication studies of policy relevant research," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-71, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsFood security; Urban agriculture; Systematic review; Low-income countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:55:y:2015:i:c:p:131-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.