A welfare measure of consumer vulnerability to rising prices of food imports in the UAE
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Besanko & Shabtai Donnenfeld & Lawrence J. White, 1987. "Monopoly and Quality Distortion: Effects and Remedies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(4), pages 743-767.
- Lee, Jong-Ying & Brown, Mark G., 1996. "The Potential for High-Value Agricultural Products Under the North American Free Trade Agreement: The Case of Beef in Mexico and Canada: Comment," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 453-454, December.
- Lee, Jonq-Ying & Brown, Mark G., 1996. "The Potential For High-Value Agricultural Products Under The North American Free Trade Agreement: The Case Of Beef In Mexico And Canada: Comment," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
- Raymon, Neil, 1983. "Price ceilings in competitive markets with variable quality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 257-264, November.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-597, September.
- Huang, Kuo S., 1993.
"Measuring the Effects of U.S. Meat Trade on Consumers' Welfare,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 217-227, July.
- Huang, Kuo S., 1993. "Measuring The Effects Of U.S Meat Trade On Consumers' Welfare," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Säll, Sarah, 2015. "Distributional effects of environmental meat taxes in Sweden- Can the poor still eat meat?," Working Paper Series 2015:3, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Tschirley, David & Myers, Robert & Zavale, Helder, 2014. "MSU/FSG Study of the Impact of WFP Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement on Markets, Households, and Food Value Chains," Food Security International Development Working Papers 184835, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFood imports; Vulnerability; Welfare; Compensating variation; Price caps; United Arab Emirates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:5:p:554-560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .