Addressing food security in Africa via multiple livelihood strategies of women farmers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eicher, Carl K., 1995. "Zimbabwe's maize-based Green Revolution: Preconditions for replication," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 805-818, May.
- Larson, Bruce A. & Frisvold, George B., 1996. "Fertilizers to support agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa: what is needed and why," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 509-525, December.
- Gladwin, Christina H., 1992. "Gendered impacts of fertilizer subsidy removal programs in Malawi and Cameroon," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(2), July.
- Smale, Melinda, 1995. ""Maize is life": Malawi's delayed Green Revolution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 819-831, May.
- Byerlee, Derek & Heisey, Paul W., 1996. "Past and potential impacts of maize research in sub-Saharan Africa: a critical assessment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 255-277, July.
- Lele, Uma, 1990. "Structural adjustment, agricultural development and the poor: Some lessons from the Malawian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(9), pages 1207-1219, September.
- Gladwin, Christina H & McMillan, Della, 1989. "Is a Turnaround in Africa Possible without Helping African Women to Farm?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 345-369, January.
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1999. "World food prospects," Food policy reports 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gladwin, Christina H., 1992. "Gendered impacts of fertilizer subsidy removal programs in Malawi and Cameroon," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 141-153, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drafor, Ivy & Kunze, Dagmar & Sarpong, Daniel Bruce, 2013. "Food Security: How Rural Ghanaian Households Respond to Food Shortages in Lean Season," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 2(4), July.
- Beyene, Fekadu & Muche, Mequanent, 0. "Determinants of Food Security among Rural Households of Central Ethiopia: An Empirical Analysis," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 49.
- Katia Alejandra Covarrubias, 2015. "The role of crop diversity in household production and food security in Uganda: A gender-differentiated analysis," FOODSECURE Working papers 32, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Steven Gronau & Dr Etti Maria Winter & Prof Ulrike Grote, 2016. "Modelling nature-based tourism’s impact on rural livelihoods and natural resources in Sikunga Conservancy, Namibia," EcoMod2016 9418, EcoMod.
- Wong, Sam, 2014. "Can climate finance achieve gender equity in developing countries?," WIDER Working Paper Series 064, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Olale, Edward & Henson, Spencer J. & Cranfield, John A.L., 2010. "Determinants of Income Diversification among Fishing Communities in Western Kenya," Annual Meeting, 2010, Denver Colorado, July 25-27 61259, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0727-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Owusu, Victor & Abdulai, Awudu & Abdul-Rahman, Seini, 2011. "Non-farm work and food security among farm households in Northern Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 108-118, April.
- Carr, Edward R., 2006. "Postmodern conceptualizations, modernist applications: Rethinking the role of society in food security," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 14-29, February.
- Beth Bee, 2014. "“Si no comemos tortilla, no vivimos:” women, climate change, and food security in central Mexico," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 31(4), pages 607-620, December.
- Coulter, J. & Onumah, G., 2002. "The role of warehouse receipt systems in enhanced commodity marketing and rural livelihoods in Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 319-337, August.
- Langat, B.K. & Sulo, T.K. & Nyangweso, P.M. & Ngeno, V.K. & Korir, M.K. & Kipsat, Mary J., 2010. "Household Food Security in Commercialized Subsistence Economies: Factors Influencing Dietary Diversity of Smallholder Tea Farmers in Nandi South, Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97086, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Falendra K. Sudan & Falendra K. Sudan, 2007. "Livelihood Diversification and Women Empowerment Through Self-Help Micro Credit Programme: Evidence from Jammu and Kashmir," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 90-106, December.
- Rao, Nitya, 2006. "Land rights, gender equality and household food security: Exploring the conceptual links in the case of India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 180-193, April.
- Megan Carney, 2012. "Compounding crises of economic recession and food insecurity: a comparative study of three low-income communities in Santa Barbara County," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 29(2), pages 185-201, June.
- Wanjala, Bernadette M. & Muradian, Roldan, 2013. "Can Big Push Interventions Take Small-Scale Farmers out of Poverty? Insights from the Sauri Millennium Village in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 147-160.
- Ian Bailey & Louise E. Buck, 2016. "Managing for resilience: a landscape framework for food and livelihood security and ecosystem services," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(3), pages 477-490, June.
- Benjamin Tetteh Anang, 2017. "Effect of non-farm work on agricultural productivity: Empirical evidence from northern Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series 038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tschakert, Petra, 2007. "Environmental services and poverty reduction: Options for smallholders in the Sahel," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 75-86, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:26:y:2001:i:2:p:177-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.