The recovery of agricultural productivity in sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Pardey, Philip G & Roseboom, Johannes & Craig, Barbara J, 1992. "A Yardstick for International Comparisons: An Application to National Agricultural Research Expenditures," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 333-349, January.
- Jaeger,William K., 1991. "The impact of policy in African agriculture : an empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 640, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bradford F. Mills, 1998. "Ex Ante Research Evaluation and Regional Trade Flows: Maize in Kenya," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 393-408.
- Johnson, M., 2014. "Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural research and development investments in Southern Africa," IWMI Working Papers H046297, International Water Management Institute.
- Derek Headey & Mohammad Alauddin & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2010. "Explaining agricultural productivity growth: an international perspective," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Nin-Pratt, Alejandro, 2015. "Inputs, productivity, and agricultural growth in Africa South of the Sahara:," IFPRI discussion papers 1432, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jonathan Kydd & Andrew Dorward, 2004.
"Implications of market and coordination failures for rural development in least developed countries,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 951-970.
- Jonathan Kydd & Andrew Dorward, 2006. "Implications of Market and Coordination Failures for Rural Development in Least Developed Countries," Working Papers id:762, eSocialSciences.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2008.
"An updated look at the recovery of agricultural productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
787, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2009. "An Updated Look at the Recovery of Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51731, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Johnson, Michael E. & Benin, Samuel & You, Liangzhi & Diao, Xinshen & Chilonda, Pius & Kennedy, Adam, 2014. "Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural research and development investments in southern Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 1318, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xiangfei Xin & Liu Xiaoyun, 2008. "Regional disparity of factor endowment and agricultural labor productivity in China," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 3(3), pages 380-409, September.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Poulton, Colin, 2004. "Market and Coordination Failures in Poor Rural Economies: Policy Implications for Agricultural and Rural Development," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9535, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Yanggen, David & Kelly, Valerie A. & Reardon, Thomas & Naseem, Anwar, 1998. "Incentives for Fertilizer Use in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review of Empirical Evidence on Fertilizer Response and Profitability," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54677, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 1995. "Getting agriculture moving: do markets provide the right signals?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 455-472, October.
- Chimhowu, Admos, 2013. "Aid for Agriculture and Rural Development: a Changing Landscape with New Players and Challenges," WIDER Working Paper Series 014, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan, 2003. "Policy Reform in Sub Saharan Africa," Policy Reform and Adjustment Workshop, October 23-25, 2003, Imperial College London, Wye Campus 15749, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
- Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Johnson, Michael E. & Yu, Bingxin, 2012. "Improved performance of agriculture in Africa South of the Sahara: Taking off or bouncing back?," IFPRI discussion papers 1224, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Andrew Ojede & Amin Mugera & Daigyo Seo, 2013. "Macroeconomic Policy Reforms And Productivity Growth In African Agriculture," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 814-830, October.
- Goldsmith, Peter D. & Gunjal, Kisan & Ndarishikanye, Barnabe, 2004. "Rural-urban migration and agricultural productivity: the case of Senegal," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 33-45, July.
- Pina, Gilson M. G., 2013.
"Mudança estrutural e a relação entre os setores em Cabo Verde
[Structural change and the sectoral linkage in Cape Verde]," MPRA Paper 46015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yu, Bingxin & Nin Pratt, Alejandro, 2011.
"Agricultural Productivity and Policies in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
105400, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yu, Bingxin & Nin-Pratt, Alejandro, 2011. "Agricultural productivity and policies in Sub-Saharan Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 1150, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:bla:rdevec:v:21:y:2017:i:4:p:e220-e240 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mainuddin, M. & Hoanh, Chu Thai & Jirayoot, K. & Halls, A. S. & Kirby, M. & Lacombe, Guillaume & Srinetr, V., 2010. "Adaptation options to reduce the vulnerability of Mekong water resources, food security and the environment to impacts of development and climate change. Report to AusAID," IWMI Research Reports H043268, International Water Management Institute.
- Wiggins, Steve, 2000. "Interpreting Changes from the 1970s to the 1990s in African Agriculture Through Village Studies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 631-662, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:20:y:1995:i:5:p:385-405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.