On the Role of Computation in Economic Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Santos, Manuel S, 1991.
"Smoothness of the Policy Function in Discrete Time Economic Models,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1365-1382, September.
- Santos, M.S., 1989. "Smoothness Of Policy Function In Discrete Time Economic Models," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 119-89, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Benveniste, L. M. & Scheinkman, J. A., 1982. "Duality theory for dynamic optimization models of economics: The continuous time case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-19, June.
- Montrucchio, Luigi, 1987. "Lipschitz continuous policy functions for strongly concave optimization problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 259-273, June.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1993.
"Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-773.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 3986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mulligan, C.B. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," Papers 651, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Taylor, John B & Uhlig, Harald, 1990.
"Solving Nonlinear Stochastic Growth Models: A Comparison of Alternative Solution Methods,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 1-17, January.
- John B. Taylor & Harald Uhlig, 1989. "Solving Nonlinear Stochastic Growth Models: A Comparison of Alternative Solution Methods," NBER Working Papers 3117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Santos, Manuel S, 1993. "On High-Order Differentiability of the Policy Function," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(3), pages 565-570, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Auerswald, Philip & Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Shell, Karl, 2000.
"The production recipes approach to modeling technological innovation: An application to learning by doing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 389-450, March.
- Philip Auerswald & Stuart Kauffman & Jose Lobo & Karl Shell, 1998. "The Production Recipes Approach to Modeling Technological Innovation: An Application to Learning By Doing," Working Papers 98-11-100, Santa Fe Institute.
- Joseph Y. Chen & Bruce L. Miller, 2009. "On the Relative Performance of Linear vs. Piecewise-Linear-Threshold Intertemporal Incentives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(10), pages 1743-1752, October.
- Roy Cerqueti & Luca De Benedictis & Valerio Leone Sciabolazza, 2020. "Segregation with Social Linkages: Evaluating Schelling's Model with Networked Individuals," Papers 2001.02959, arXiv.org.
- Tim Roughgarden, 2010. "Computing equilibria: a computational complexity perspective," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(1), pages 193-236, January.
- Robert Kirkby, 2017. "A Toolkit for Value Function Iteration," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 49(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Santos, Manuel S., 1998. "Accuracy of numerical solutions using the eulers equation residuals," UC3M Working papers. Economics 4157, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Manuel Santos, "undated". "On Some Criteria for the Formulation and Testing of Economic Growth Models," Working Papers 2133359, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Robert Kirkby, 2016. "Value Function Iteration Toolkit: In Matlab, on the GPU," EcoMod2016 9122, EcoMod.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:72:y:1997:i:2:p:241-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.