Solving Nonlinear Stochastic Growth Models: A Comparison of Alternative Solution Methods
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- John B. Taylor & Harald Uhlig, 1989. "Solving Nonlinear Stochastic Growth Models: A Comparison of Alternative Solution Methods," NBER Working Papers 3117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1990. "Equilibrium Modeling of Asset Prices: Rationality versus Rules of Thumb," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 115-125, January.
- McGrattan, Ellen R, 1990. "Solving the Stochastic Growth Model by Linear-Quadratic Approximation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 41-44, January.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Baxter, Marianne & Crucini, Mario J & Rouwenhorst, K Geert, 1990. "Solving the Stochastic Growth Model by a Discrete-State-Space, Euler-Equation Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 19-21, January.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1990. "Solving the Stochastic Growth Model by Backsolving with a Particular Nonlinear Form for the Decision Rule," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 45-47, January.
- Coleman, Wilbur John, II, 1990. "Solving the Stochastic Growth Model by Policy-Function Iteration," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 27-29, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Maldonado, Wilfredo L. & Moreira, Humberto Luiz Ataíde, 2006. "Solving Euler Equations: Classical Methods and the C^1 Contraction Mapping Method Revisited," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 60(2), November.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1991. "Minimum weighted residual methods for solving aggregate growth models," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 49, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- S. Sirakaya & Stephen Turnovsky & M. Alemdar, 2006.
"Feedback Approximation of the Stochastic Growth Model by Genetic Neural Networks,"
Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 185-206, May.
- Sibel Sirakaya & Stephen Turnovsky & N.M. Alemdar, 2005. "Feedback Approximation of the Stochastic Growth Model by Genetic Neural Networks," Working Papers UWEC-2006-03-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2005.
- William A. Barnett & Yi Liu & Haiyang Xu & Mark Jensen, 1996.
"The CAPM Risk Adjustment Needed for Exact Aggregation over Financial Assets,"
9602003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Yi Liu & Haiyang Xu & Mark Jensen, 2012. "The CAPM Risk Adjustment Needed for Exact Aggregation over Financial Assets," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201215, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Wilfredo Leiva Maldonado & Benar Fux Svaiter, 2001.
"On the accuracy of the estimated policy function using the Bellman contraction method,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(15), pages 1-8.
- Wilfredo L. Maldonado & Benar F. Svaiter, 2002. "On the accuracy of the estimated policy function using the Bellman contraction method," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 30, Society for Computational Economics.
- Zhang, Harold H., 2000. "Explaining bond returns in heterogeneous agent models: The importance of higher-order moments," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1381-1404, September.
- Boucekkine, Raouf, 1992. "Quelques idées simples pour la simulation stochastique des modèles non-linéaires à anticipations rationnelles et méthodes de validation," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9215, CEPREMAP.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1996. "Approximation, perturbation, and projection methods in economic analysis," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 509-585, Elsevier.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:1:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anagnostopoulos Alexis & Tang Xin, 2015. "Evaluating linear approximations in a two-country model with occasionally binding borrowing constraints," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(1), pages 1-49, January.
- Maldonado, Wilfredo L. & Svaiter, B.F., 2007. "Holder continuity of the policy function approximation in the value function approximation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 629-639, June.
- Covas, Francisco, 2006.
"Uninsured idiosyncratic production risk with borrowing constraints,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2167-2190, November.
- Francisco Covas, 2005. "Uninsured Idiosyncratic Production Risk with Borrowing Constraints," Staff Working Papers 05-26, Bank of Canada.
- Francisco Covas, 2005. "Uninsured Idiosyncratic Production Risk With Borrowing Constraints," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 198, Society for Computational Economics.
- S. Arunachalam & Sridhar N. Ramaswami & Pol Herrmann & Doug Walker, 2018. "Innovation pathway to profitability: the role of entrepreneurial orientation and marketing capabilities," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 744-766, July.
- Jang, Heesun & Du, Xiaodong, 2013. "Price- and Policy-Induced Innovations: The Case of U.S. Biofuel," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 1-13.
- Timothy Erickson & Toni M. Whited, 2000. "Measurement Error and the Relationship between Investment and q," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 1027-1057, October.
- Michael K Andersson & Ted Aranki & André Reslow, 2017.
"Adjusting for information content when comparing forecast performance,"
Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(7), pages 784-794, November.
- Andersson, Michael K. & Aranki, Ted & Reslow, André, 2016. "Adjusting for Information Content when Comparing Forecast Performance," Working Paper Series 328, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Paul W. Miller & Barry R. Chiswick, 2002.
"Immigrant earnings: Language skills, linguistic concentrations and the business cycle,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(1), pages 31-57.
- Barry R. Chiswick & Paul W. Miller, 1999. "Immigrant Earnings: Language Skills, Linguistic Concentrations and the Business Cycle," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 152, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Fors, Gunnar & Zejan, Mario, 1996. "Overseas R&D by Multinationals in foreign Centers of Excellence," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 111, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Küçük, Ugur N., 2009. "Emerging Market Local Currency Bond Market, Too Risky to Invest?," MPRA Paper 21878, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrigo M. S. Moita & Claudio Paiva, 2013.
"Political Price Cycles in Regulated Industries: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 94-121, February.
- Moita, Rodrigo M. & Paiva, Claudio, 2006. "Political Price Cycles in Regulated Industries: Theory and Evidence," Insper Working Papers wpe_55, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Rodrigo Menon S. Moita & Claudio Paiva, 2006. "Political Price Cycles In Regulated Industries: Theory And Evidence," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 126, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Akbar Ullah & Ejaz Ghani & Attiya Y. Javed, 2013.
"Market Power and Industrial Performance in Pakistan,"
2013:88, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Akbar Ullah & Ejaz Ghani & Attiya Javed, 2013. "Market Power and Industrial Performance in Pakistan," Working Papers id:5334, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:8:y:1990:i:1:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.