Thompson metric, contraction property and differentiability of policy functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Araujo, A, 1991. "The Once but Not Twice Differentiability of the Policy Function," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1383-1393, September.
- Santos, Manuel S, 1991. "Smoothness of the Policy Function in Discrete Time Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1365-1382, September.
- Montrucchio, Luigi, 1987. "Lipschitz continuous policy functions for strongly concave optimization problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 259-273, June.
- Santos, Manuel S., 1994. "Smooth dynamics and computation in models of economic growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(3-4), pages 879-895.
- Santos, Manuel S, 1993. "On High-Order Differentiability of the Policy Function," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(3), pages 565-570, July.
- Alexandre Scheinkman, Jose, 1976. "On optimal steady states of n-sector growth models when utility is discounted," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 11-30, February.
- Araujo, A & Scheinkman, Jose A, 1977. "Smoothness, Comparative Dynamics, and the Turnpike Property," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 601-620, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tapan Mitra & Kazuo Nishimura, 2005.
"Intertemporal Complementarity And Optimality: A Study Of A Two-Dimensional Dynamical System,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(1), pages 93-131, February.
- Mitra, Tapan & Nishimura, Kazuo, 2002. "Intertemporal Complementarity and Optimality: A Study of a Two-Dimensional Dynamical System," Working Papers 02-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Tapan Mitra, 2004. "Intertemporal Complementarity and Optimality: A Study of a Two-Dimensional Dynamical System," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 543, Econometric Society.
- Maldonado, Wilfredo L. & Svaiter, B.F., 2007. "Holder continuity of the policy function approximation in the value function approximation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 629-639, June.
- Cuong Le Van & Lisa Morhaim, 2006.
"On optimal growth models when the discount factor is near 1 or equal to 1,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 2(1), pages 55-76.
- Cuong Le Van & Lisa Morhaim, 2006. "On optimal growth models when the discount factor is near 1 or equal to 1," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00096034, HAL.
- Wozny Lukasz & Growiec Jakub, 2012.
"Intergenerational Interactions in Human Capital Accumulation,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-47, June.
- Woźny, Łukasz & Growiec, Jakub, 2008. "Intergenerational interactions in human capital accumulation," MPRA Paper 10308, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakub Growiec & Lukasz Wozny, 2010. "Intergenerational interactions in human capital accumulation," NBP Working Papers 71, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Joël Blot & Bertrand Crettez, 2004. "On the smoothness of optimal paths," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 27(1), pages 1-34, August.
- Alain Venditti, 2012.
"Weak concavity properties of indirect utility functions in multisector optimal growth models,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 8(1), pages 13-26, March.
- Alain Venditti, 2011. "Weak Concavity Properties of Indirect Utility Functions in Multisector Optimal Growth Models," Working Papers halshs-01059589, HAL.
- Alain Venditti, 2014. "Weak Concavity Properties of Indirect Utility Functions in Multisector Optimal Growth Models," AMSE Working Papers 1440, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Sep 2014.
- Mauro Gaggero & Giorgio Gnecco & Marcello Sanguineti, 2014. "Approximate dynamic programming for stochastic N-stage optimization with application to optimal consumption under uncertainty," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 31-85, May.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00096034 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitra, Tapan & Nishimura, Kazuo, 2001. "Discounting and Long-Run Behavior: Global Bifurcation Analysis of a Family of Dynamical Systems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-2), pages 256-293, January.
- Marinacci, Massimo & Montrucchio, Luigi, 2010. "Unique solutions for stochastic recursive utilities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(5), pages 1776-1804, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:33:y:1998:i:3-4:p:449-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.