Discounting and Long-Run Behavior: Global Bifurcation Analysis of a Family of Dynamical Systems
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McKenzie, Lionel W., 1982. "A primal route to the Turnpike and Liapounov stability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 194-209, June.
- Montrucchio, Luigi, 1998. "Thompson metric, contraction property and differentiability of policy functions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 449-466, January.
- W. R. S. Sutherland, 1970. "On Optimal Development in a Multi-Sectoral Economy: the Discounted Case," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 585-589.
- William A. Brock & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1974.
"Global Asymptotic Stability of Optimal Control Systems with Applications to the Theory of Economic Growth,"
85, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Brock, William A. & Scheinkman, JoseA., 1976. "Global asymptotic stability of optimal control systems with applications to the theory of economic growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 164-190, February.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1994. "Optimal Chaos, Nonlinearity and Feasibility Conditions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(5), pages 689-704, August.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1995. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos in Optimal Growth: An Example," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 981-1001, July.
- Deneckere, Raymond & Pelikan, Steve, 1986. "Competitive chaos," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-25, October.
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-32, May.
- Mitra, Tapan, 1996. "An Exact Discount Factor Restriction for Period-Three Cycles in Dynamic Optimization Models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 281-305, May.
- Boldrin, Michele & Deneckere, Raymond J., 1990. "Sources of complex dynamics in two-sector growth models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 14(3-4), pages 627-653, October.
- Michele Boldrin, 1988. "Paths of Optimal Accumulation in Two-Sector Models," UCLA Economics Working Papers 464, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Sorger, Gerhard & Yano, Makoto, 1994. "Ergodic Chaos in Optimal Growth Models with Low Discount Rates," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(5), pages 705-17, August.
- Sorger, Gerhard, 1992. "On the minimum rate of impatience for complicated optimal growth paths," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 160-179, February.
- Benhabib, Jess & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1983.
"Competitive Equilibrium Cycles,"
83-30, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Araujo, A, 1991. "The Once but Not Twice Differentiability of the Policy Function," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1383-93, September.
- Alexandre Scheinkman, Jose, 1976. "On optimal steady states of n-sector growth models when utility is discounted," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 11-30, February.
- Dutta, Prajit K. & Mitra, Tapan, 1989. "Maximum theorems for convex structures with an application to the theory of optimal intertemporal allocation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 77-86, February.
- McKenzie, Lionel W., 1983. "Turnpike theory, discounted utility, and the von Neumann facet," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 330-352, August.
- Santos, Manuel S, 1991. "Smoothness of the Policy Function in Discrete Time Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1365-82, September.
- Majumdar, Mukul & Mitra, Tapan, 1994. "Periodic and Chaotic Programs of Optimal Intertemporal Allocation in an Aggregative Model with Wealth Effects," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(5), pages 649-76, August.
- Araujo, A & Scheinkman, Jose A, 1977. "Smoothness, Comparative Dynamics, and the Turnpike Property," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 601-20, April.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1976. "The structure and stability of competitive dynamical systems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 31-70, February.
- Boldrin, Michele & Montrucchio, Luigi, 1986. "On the indeterminacy of capital accumulation paths," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 26-39, October.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1996. "On the Least Upper Bound of Discount Factors That Are Compatible with Optimal Period-Three Cycles," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 306-333, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:96:y:2001:i:1-2:p:256-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.