Cantor Type Invariant Distributions in the Theory of Optimal Growth under Uncertainty
We study a one-sector stochastic optimal growth model, where the utility function is iso-elastic and the production function is of the Cobb-Douglas form. Production is affected by a multiplicative shock taking one of two values. We provide sufficient conditions on the parameters of the model under which the invariant distribution of the stochastic process of optimal output levels is of the Cantor type.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 402 Uris Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853|
Phone: (607) 255-9901
Fax: (607) 255-2818
Web page: http://www.arts.cornell.edu/econ/CAE/workingpapers.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Araujo, A, 1991. "The Once but Not Twice Differentiability of the Policy Function," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1383-1393, September.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1975. "On optimal growth under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 329-339, December.
- Santos, Manuel S, 1991. "Smoothness of the Policy Function in Discrete Time Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1365-1382, September.
- Tapan Mitra & Luigi Montrucchio & Fabio Privileggi, 2003.
"The nature of the steady state in models of optimal growth under uncertainty,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(1), pages 39-71, December.
- Mitra, Tapan & Montrucchio, Luigi & Privileggi, Fabio, 2001. "The Nature of the Steady State in Models of Optimal Growth Under Uncertainty," Working Papers 01-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Montrucchio, Luigi, 1987. "Lipschitz continuous policy functions for strongly concave optimization problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 259-273, June.
- Manuel S. Santos & Jesus Vigo-Aguiar, 1998. "Analysis of a Numerical Dynamic Programming Algorithm Applied to Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 409-426, March.
- Brock, William A. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1972. "Optimal economic growth and uncertainty: The discounted case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 479-513, June.
- L. Montrucchio & F. Privileggi, 1999. "Fractal steady states instochastic optimal control models," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 88(0), pages 183-197, January.
- Blume, Lawrence & Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1982. "Characterization of optimal plans for stochastic dynamic programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-234, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:corcae:03-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.