Fractals and Self-Similarity in Economics: the Case of a Stochastic Two-Sector Growth Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitra, Tapan & Privileggi, Fabio, 2005. "Cantor Type Attractors in Stochastic Growth Models," POLIS Working Papers 43, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Gardini, Laura & Hommes, Cars & Tramontana, Fabio & de Vilder, Robin, 2009.
"Forward and backward dynamics in implicitly defined overlapping generations models,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, pages 110-129.
- Laura Gardini & Cars Hommes & Fabio Tramontana & Robin de Vilder, 2008. "Forward and Backward Dynamics in Implicitly Defined Overlapping Generations Models," Working Papers 0806, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2008.
- Gardini, L. & Hommes, C.H. & Tramontana, F. & de Vilder, R., 2009. "Forward and Backward Dynamics in implicitly defined Overlapping Generations Models," CeNDEF Working Papers 09-02, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Nishimura Kazuo & Sorger Gerhard, 1996. "Optimal Cycles and Chaos: A Survey," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, April.
- Stefano Maria Iacus & Davide La Torre, 2002. "Approximating distribution functions by iterated function systems," Departmental Working Papers 2002-03, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Mitra, Tapan & Privileggi, Fabio, 2003. "Cantor Type Invariant Distributions in the Theory of Optimal Growth under Uncertainty," Working Papers 03-09, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Davide La Torre & Herb Kunze & Ed Vrscay, 2006. "Contractive multifunctions, fixed point inclusions and iterated multifunction systems," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1025, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Mitra, Tapan & Privileggi, Fabio, 2009. "On Lipschitz continuity of the iterated function system in a stochastic optimal growth model," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 185-198, January.
- Boldrin, Michele & Montrucchio, Luigi, 1986. "On the indeterminacy of capital accumulation paths," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 26-39, October.
- Davide LA TORRE & Edward R. VRSCAY & Mehran EBRAHIMI & Michael F. BARNSLEY, 2008. "Measure-valued images, associated fractal transforms and the affine self-similarity of images," Departmental Working Papers 2008-45, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Tapan Mitra & Luigi Montrucchio & Fabio Privileggi, 2003.
"The nature of the steady state in models of optimal growth under uncertainty,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(1), pages 39-71, December.
- Mitra, Tapan & Montrucchio, Luigi & Privileggi, Fabio, 2001. "The Nature of the Steady State in Models of Optimal Growth Under Uncertainty," Working Papers 01-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Davide LA TORRE & Franklin MENDIVIL, 2007. "Iterated function systems on multifunctions and inverse problems," Departmental Working Papers 2007-32, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Davide LA TORRE & Edward R. VRSCAY, 2008. "A generalized fractal transform for measure-valued images," Departmental Working Papers 2008-38, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1995. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos in Optimal Growth: An Example," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 981-1001, July.
- L. Montrucchio & F. Privileggi, 1999. "Fractal steady states instochastic optimal control models," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 88(0), pages 183-197, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- La Torre, Davide & Marsiglio, Simone & Mendivil, Franklin & Privileggi, Fabio, 2016. "Fractal Attractors and Singular Invariant Measures in Two-Sector Growth Models with Random Factor Shares," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201620, University of Turin.
- Davide La Torre & Simone, Marsiglio & Mendivil, Franklin & Privileggi, Fabio, 2015. "Self-Similar Measures in Multi-Sector Endogenous Growth Models," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201509, University of Turin.
More about this item
Keywordsfractals; iterated function system; self-similarity; Sierpinski gasket; stochastic growth;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2011-06-18 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-FDG-2011-06-18 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-ORE-2011-06-18 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uca:ucapdv:157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucia Padovani). General contact details of provider: http://polis.unipmn.it .